Senior Software Engineer
Sentral is establishing a new category in urban living that reimagines the way people live, travel, and work. This new category, called Home+, combines the comforts of home with the adventure of travel. Offering both designer furnished and unfurnished homes with flexible lengths of stay, Sentral enables residents to live or visit stylish buildings in the nation's most coveted cities for any period of time, whether a night, a month, or multiple years. Qualifying residents can also monetize their homes through Sentral's managed homeshare program, enabling them to offset 25 percent or more of their total rent while they travel and explore the world.
Our core values reflect our commitment to our employees, as we elevate humanity and make one another better. We strongly believe in continuous personal improvement, career growth and diversity in our work force. With ongoing learning & development offerings, leadership coaching and mentorship programs, we foster an empowered environment rooted in empathy and growth. Our colleagues are curious explorers who never stop learning and who strive for great outcomes.
Job Description and Duties
At Sentral, we are building a team of people-first focused individuals who thrive on going above and beyond. You will exemplify a good sense of humor, a positive attitude, a growth mindset, and an entrepreneurial drive. The primary function of this role is to lead the development and delivery of a core platform that will create a new data driven approach to how Sentral operates. Integrating other systems and finding opportunities to leverage them in new ways which change how people live, work and explore is what should bring you joy and excitement. You will think through solutions creatively and with purpose in a remote environment.
Help to define and build a unified technical vision for Sentral's technologies, ensuring that we choose the best tools for the job and know how to tie them all together in a scalable, flexible way.
- Support the definition of architecture and coding standards for our proprietary technologies and implement them through peer code reviews and technical design sessions.
- Work with product managers and other engineering team members to understand user needs, translate them into technical designs, and build them.
- Build proprietary applications to meet the unique needs of Sentral's team members and customers.
- Define and build back-end integrations between a variety of third-party SaaS tools to automate functionality and data sharing across systems. Having built secure APIs before, you know how to easily create and hook up logic-based services with data abstraction tiers.
Skills and Experience
5-7 years of experience in full-stack software development in an Agile development environment, with steady, demonstrable growth in impact and responsibility.
- Proven experience as a hands-on problem-solver and collaborative developer with a passion for finding scalable solutions to suit specific user needs. Through concise communication, you can convey your decision-making process and implementation details to peers.
- You are familiar with Go (or are willing to learn it), NodeJS, React, and Postgres, but you may also have other tech stacks which you are proficient with in building well-tested commercial D2C products.
- Humility, a desire to make others better, and the ability to exhibit grace and humor under pressure will also go a long way toward making you successful on this small, cross-functional team.
- Industry experience in multifamily residential housing, homesharing/short-term rentals, or property technology a plus.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)(US Citizen, GC & H1B can apply)Full Time with Direct ClientJob Description: We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute.