Otus offers a seamless K-12 learning platform for administrators, teachers, students, and families.
We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You'll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Sr Backend Application Engineer to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technologies, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to build & ship new features and maintain/enhance existing ones
- Lead technical projects and initiatives, mentoring and guiding technical direction
- Hands-on development, contributing in shipping working software and supporting it in production
- Become an expert in the road maps and implementation for your product features
- Collaborate with colleagues across various teams in the organization to split monolithic application into separate applications that can be shipped independently, primarily based on Node.js
- 7+ years of development experience
- You have at least 2 projects that have seen regular high amounts of traffic (~2000 concurrent users)
- You have at least 1 project consisting of multiple Node.js microservices, Typescript is a plus
- You have at least 1 project deployed in Kubernetes (AWS EKS)
- You have worked full-time remote, on a distributed/remote team
- You deliver your code to production and address production issues
Nice to Haves
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Nest, Koa or Sails
- Experience working with and migrating legacy code bases
- Experience with building & integrating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building backends on other platforms (JVM, etc)
- Experience with Angular2+ / frontend frameworks
- Experience with edtech products and services
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- 22 days of paid vacation per year
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Our team works remotely from the comfort of their homes (HQ in Chicago)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Professional development/tuition reimbursement
- Home office improvement budget
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)(US Citizen, GC & H1B can apply)Full Time with Direct ClientJob Description: We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute.