The Client Domain is all about innovation. Here we shape our products to satisfy the needs of our heterogeneous customer base. To achieve this you will collaborate closely with the Frontend Engineers in the team to design and implement bespoke APIs and services that will be used by our different products and brands.
We are responsible for the development of the backend services that power our client applications, i.e. primarily the API Gateway of our platform but also client-related services such as authentication, internationalization or content management and other backend services that allow us to provide a unique experience to a specific segment of our users. Being our platform’s gateway to the outside world, scalability and responsiveness is of utmost importance in the Client Domain. It is worth noting that the traffic pattern of our platform will not only be dictated by the sporting calendar but also by the sometimes unpredictable behavior of our users.
By joining our team you will be working primarily with Scala but you will also influence the full lifecycle of our software, starting with architectural and design decisions, all the way to the implementation, testing and monitoring of the resulting services.
- You have good problem-solving skills, a tendency towards simple and effective solutions, and a “getting things done” mentality
- Analytical thinking, troubleshooting skills, attention to detail
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises
- Interest in keeping yourself up to date and learning new technologies
- Product-oriented mindset and eagerness to take part in shaping the products we build
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English
Being a distributed team enables us to hire only the best, without being restricted to the talent pool available at a specific geographic location. However, to facilitate team communication and collaboration we currently require you to be located in Europe. You must also be able to travel to other European locations 1-2 times a year for our onsite meetings.
The compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €80,000 annually, depending on your skills and experience. We encourage you to read our Recruitment FAQs for further details. In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide a number of perks to all team members.
- You should have at least 2 years of professional software development experience
- Interest in functional and concurrent programming, as well as distributed systems
- Scala experience is not mandatory, but you will have to implement our coding challenge in Scala and we expect an idiomatic solution
- Experience with Scala and its ecosystem
- Understanding of microservice architecture, message-based communication and stream processing
- Knowledge of test automation, cloud and containerization technologies and CI/CD pipelines
- Write maintainable and clean code
- Monitor and troubleshoot services
- Ensure that the services are up to the latest standards in terms of security, scalability and resilience
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)(US Citizen, GC & H1B can apply)Full Time with Direct ClientJob Description: We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute.