Senior Backend Software Engineer - Remote
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively looking for a talented and driven Backend Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Los Angeles, CA. This role reports to our VP, Engineering, and will play an integral role in designing, building, scaling, and maintaining our multi-cloud platform architecture and is 100% full-time remote always.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Design, code, test, and enhance microservices, and extend the backend architecture as the Mythical platform evolves.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, products owners, and designers to deliver empowering user experiences
- Write clean, testable code. Participate in code & design reviews.
- Analyze and optimize current applications towards a microservices architecture
- Be a problem solver and self-driven to get the results
- 5+ years of experience developing server applications in Java
- Experience designing and developing for large, horizontally scalable, high-transaction volume systems
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
- A BS or greater in Computer Science, or a related technical field
Highly Preferred, if:
- Experienced writing network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems
- Experienced with developing or working with cloud-based microservice architectures
- Recent experience developing in Kotlin.
- Experienced with Spring Boot, Gradle, and Docker
- You have a passion for gaming, marketplaces, and/or blockchain technology
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $142,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Java: 5 years (Preferred)
- Backend Services or Distributed Systems: 4 years (Preferred)
- High Transaction Sites: 3 years (Preferred)
- Kotlin is a plus: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)(US Citizen, GC & H1B can apply)Full Time with Direct ClientJob Description: We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute.
More jobs by this company
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger techn