One Concern brings disaster science together with machine learning for better decision-making. We quantify resilience from catastrophic perils, empowering leaders to measure, mitigate, and transfer risk. We believe that by pioneering cutting-edge science, we can make disasters less disastrous and, ultimately, build planetary-scale resilience.
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for a passionate, mission-driven Senior Software Engineer, Data Science Tooling to join our team.
Our engineering challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and excited to create systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll help to shape and guide the direction of our technological eco-system as well as take on component implementations. You'll apply and teach best practices in development processes. You'll act as a mentor for junior engineers while fostering an environment of transparency and collaboration - bringing people together to work on the system solution.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product, data scientists, fellow engineers and operations to build and deploy microservices and data pipelines for ML models
- Lead standups, actively communicate between teams
- Collaborate with the team to find the right place to implement a solution
- Work with or create geospatial aware infrastructure services
- Collaborate with Product Team on ideation, timelines and engineering effort
- Ensure that your component does what it says on the box, is easy to operate and meets the quality expectations through automation
Qualifications & Experience
- 4+ years relevant experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience
- Proficiency in creating data workflows in Kubernetes
- Experience in software development using general-purpose programming languages (e.g., Python, Go)
- Experience developing and scaling production pipelines involving live data
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- Ability to thrive in a fluid startup environment
Nice to Haves
- Fluency in Python and Go
- Prior experience working with agile teams.
- Fluency in PostGIS
- Familiarity with both relational and non-relational databases
- Experience building creative end-to-end Machine Learning systems
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience interacting and working alongside data scientists
- Experience working on systems that involve geospatial mapping
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, natural origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
What is WithMe, Inc?WithMe, Inc. delivers convenient technology-powered solutions to clients and their guests, everywhere. We are a fast-growing team of industry experts, innovators, and creators that are passionate about providing convenient services that change the way people w
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
More jobs by this company
About One ConcernOne Concern brings disaster science together with machine learning for better decision-making. We quantify resilience from catastrophic perils, empowering leaders to measure, mitigate, and transfer risk. We believe that by pioneering cutting-edge science, we can.