As the Senior Software Engineer on our team, you will work closely with Product, Marketing and other teams to build features that enhance user experience and increase engagement with our products.
Do you like leveraging up and coming tools to solve challenging technical problems? Do you want to build a next-generation microservice application that can scale seamlessly? If so, we need you to join our team. We are looking for someone who loves collaborating, provides mentorship to junior engineers, debate, decide and deliver quality software that is maintainable.
We look forward to speaking with you!
RetailMeNot is headquartered in Austin, TX! This position is fully remote and we encourage applicants nationwide!
Who You Are
- You have 7+ years of experience in backend software development including building scalable cloud-native backend systems and strong proficiency in microservices architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of event-driven architecture and other design patterns.
- Required experience in Python, Kafka/Kinesis, AWS, message queues like RabbitMQ or SQS and containerization (Docker & Kubernetes).
- You are also comfortable working with Java, Spring Boot, Postgres, and ReactJS.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, Jira, Gitlab, Confluence or similar
- You have a track record of leading a team to build complex backend systems, while working with other teams to successfully identify ambiguous requirements and building best practices solutions.
- You display ownership, team-spirit, are a clear communicator, can lead cross-functionally and with empathy.
What You'll Do
- Provide direction on the redesign efforts for the Rewards Team, including system design and architecture.
- Implement high performance, consumer scale web services to power cashback rewards in web and mobile applications.
- Create scripts to deploy software onto new and existing cloud server infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers to deliver complex features across systems.
- Drive the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications
- Work with our product and marketing to create products and internal systems.
- Mentor junior engineers on software engineering techniques, process, and new technologies.
- Stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating/incorporating them into your team's architecture.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers extensive freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive.
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)(US Citizen, GC & H1B can apply)Full Time with Direct ClientJob Description: We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute.
More jobs by this company
At Ziff Media Group we believe that gaining valuable insights using our data is core to our future success. Our Data Science team is seeking a Staff Software Engineer to work side by side with our applied scientists.The data science team at Ziff Media Group (RetailMenot, Offers.c
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. You'll utilize a mix of full-stack software engineering to architect and implement distributed solutions for our customer-facing website.Are you someone that loves solving real user problems, b
The TeamThe Mobile Engineering team is passionate about building Apps that help us save the world money! We have a mix of iOS and Android team setups. Engineers on our team work closely with Product, Marketing and other teams to build features that improve User experience and inc
The TeamThe Cookies & Cream Engineering team builds the technology that enables Marketing and internal RMN services to connect with RetailMeNot's 40MM users on different platforms using Transactional and Promotional messaging.We integrate with third party marketing solution p
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering Operations team. We define, build, and support the AWS infrastructure and tooling needed to power the RetailMeNot platform. We are responsible for ensuring the day to day smooth operation of RetailMeNot's build a
DescriptionThe Cloud Platform team at Ziff Media Group is looking for team members who are excited and passionate about rethinking the way we deploy applications, maintain our infrastructure and monitor our applications. We define SLAs, incident response procedures and deployment