We have many different backend software engineer roles open across the organization from security to payments and order taking to delivery. You’ll be presented with different roles and can choose your area of interest.
Depending on your preference and location the position can be fully remote, in office, or hybrid.
Why Work For Us
As a backend software engineer at GrubHub, you will be responsible for building and owning one of the many critical services on our platform. You’ll design and build distributed, scalable applications, participate in design discussions, vendor evaluation, tooling decisions, and provide innovative solutions to address business problems and needs. You’ll work within your team and across the company to understand the domain and learn and contribute to the codebase while sharing knowledge.
The Impact You Will Make:
- You’ll gain expertise in your domain and build highly scalable & reliable additions to our platform
- You’ll be accountable for delivery, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring the performance of your applications and the platform as a whole
- You’ll evaluate the tools, technologies, frameworks, and vendors for the platform along with other senior team members
- You’ll write performant and concise code to meet the defined standards here at GrubHub, review the code of peers, and ensure security and scalability of the features you work on
- You’ll help to create the backlog of tech debt and features, suggesting areas for improvement and enhancement
- You’ll actively work with other team members in the domain and be a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science, programming or engineering related field
- 1-6 years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with Java or other object-oriented languages
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (junit/testing, mockito + jmeter/ gatling.io)
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available distributed systems (4x9’s uptime etc.)
- Building observability as part of the application
- Interest in working for a fast paced, product oriented tech company
- Distributed database experience with Cassandra or similar NoSQL database experience preferred
- Docker, or similar containerized solutions
- CI / CD tools experience like Gradle, Jenkins, or similar technologies
- Ability to work and communicate within and across teams.
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b
Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)(US Citizen, GC & H1B can apply)Full Time with Direct ClientJob Description: We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute.
More jobs by this company
About The Opportunity:Hey! We’re GrubhubWe’re all about building distributed, scalable, highly available, low latency technology that connects hungry diners with our network of over 500,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms, and st
About The Opportunity:Grubhub’s Reconnect Returnship Program is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to the individuals who have at least five years of professional expe