Sr Backend Ruby Developer
Help build a multi-tenant SaaS serving 4000+ global companies. Create robust backend services capable of hundreds of requests per second. Join a team that's redefining what product management systems can be.
Our Tech Stack
You’ll work with the following tools, frameworks, and languages:
- Our stack is a Ruby on Rails backend with React.js and Typescript on the frontend
- We are running Elasticsearch to power our Insights search
- We are fully migrated to Kubernetes on AWS to enable an event-driven service architecture, using Kafka to let services communicate together asynchronously and resiliently
- We are also exploring Typescript more and more (although we don’t see our Ruby development slowing down anytime soon!)
You’ll be expected to work with all of these technologies, but we aren't expecting deep knowledge in every one. We strive to build everything backend by code and reliable pipelines that will get you on track at lightning speed. We’re always open to changes that will make us faster and better.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- 2+ years of experience building backend systems
- Experience with some parts of our tech stack is always welcome (messaging, AWS, k8s, Typescript, SPAs)
- As a core member of our team, you care about solving real problems for real users
- You like communicating with frontend or product management and you always keep the end-user in mind
- Your code is clean and well tested; you own development, from discovery through to production deployment
- You love to learn and constantly improve your skills, and you aren't afraid to jump into new challenges
- You could win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English
About our remote team
In this position, you'll join our fully remote engineering team (even from pre-Covid times :)). So you'll be able to work wherever you want. However, to ensure that you feel connected to the company, your colleagues, and the Productboard culture, we expect that you'll travel to our Prague office roughly every six weeks to collaborate with your remote teammates in person. If you're interested in joining our remote team, please make sure you can tick off (most of) these requirements:
- You’re self-organized and disciplined
- You have amazing communication skills
- You know how to make sure everyone on the team feels included
- Nice to have: previous experience with remote work
You can look forward to the following benefits:
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
5 weeks of vacation + sick days
Team events, such as off-sites and retreats
- Flexible working hours
Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
Productboard Toastmasters Club
Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Our LOCALiQ engineering group is a fast-paced team working to build the next generation of Digital Marketing management systems partnering with Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Facebook. If you are profoundly technical, analytical, and eager to build solutions that directly impact the co
Headquarters: Orlando, FL URL: https://securitytrails.comWe are looking for a responsible Elixir engineer who will help us build internet inventory, robust APIs, and Data Services for security teams. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, integratio
Rx Savings Solutions is seeking an expert Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing company with an awesome and fun-loving culture. The team at Rx Savings Solutions is driven to make a difference in the pharmaceutical industry by expos
Aimchess makes improving at chess easy and fun. We use cutting edge analytics to provide simple, actionable insights and lessons that help players improve 43% faster than their peers.We are looking for passionate team members who want to combine their love for the greatest game o
Company. What we are building:Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, b