We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively looking for a talented and driven Java Backend Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Los Angeles, CA. This role reports into our VP, Engineering, and will play an integral role in designing, building, scaling, and maintaining our multi-cloud platform architecture.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Design, code, test, and enhance microservices, and extend the backend architecture as the Mythical platform evolves.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, products owners, and designers to deliver empowering user experiences
- Write clean, testable code. Participate in code & design reviews.
- Analyze and optimize current applications towards a microservices architecture
- Be a problem solver and self-driven to get the results
- 5+ years of experience developing server applications in Java (Java 8 and higher)
- Experience designing and developing for large, horizontally scalable, high-transaction volume systems
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
- A BS or greater in Computer Science, or a related technical field
Highly Preferred, if:
- Experienced writing network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems
- Experienced with developing or working with cloud-based microservice architectures
- Recent experience developing in Kotlin.
- Experienced with Spring Boot, Gradle, and Docker
- You have a passion for gaming, marketplaces, and/or blockchain technology
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $145,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Java 8 or higher: 5 years (Preferred)
- High-transaction systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- Backend services or Distributed Systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nice to have gRPC: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nice to have Spring Boot: 2 years (Preferred)
- Nice to have Gradle: 2 years (Preferred)
- Nice to have Docker: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About KrakenOur mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the pla
Headquarters: Miami URL: http://trend.ioAbout Trend:Trend is a TechStars vetted marketplace leading the development and adoption of what a digital marketing platform should look like in the near future. Trend has created a paradigm shift in how consumer brands work with digi
Headquarters: Dundee, UK URL: https://www.mtcmedia.co.ukmtc is looking for a backend web developer with Magento 2 experience to join our growing team of over 120 staff across the world. You will be responsible for developing world-class websites for our clients. You will wor