Due to continued growth, we are adding a Senior Software Engineer (API/Backend) to our Shared Services team. Our office is located in the Kansas City area, however, we are open to remote location for the right candidate!
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and developing applications.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate, interact, and partner with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels.
- Mentor team members in their professional development and provide guidance as needed.
- Independently investigate and resolve application functionality issues and provide support and troubleshooting expertise.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage tasks in a dynamic, fast paced environment with short turnaround times.
- Passionate to bring out innovative ideas and try out new solutions, while being open minded to feedback.
- Experience developing back-end software using an object-oriented language (PHP, Java, C#, C++, etc)
- Experience writing SQL queries and a working knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc)
- Experience defining Rest APIs and developing Web services
- Experience writing automated tests and using testing frameworks (PHPUnit, JUnit, Selenium, etc)
- A great attitude with a passion for supporting your team and producing awesome code.
- Robust understanding of MySQL and RDBMS best practices.
- Experience with the Laravel PHP framework.
- Experience with VCS and development lifecycle tools such as JIRA.
- Design, develop, and maintain more complex features of an application.
- Effective team building and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
- Ensure understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
- Test the developed service, performing unit testing and functional testing as needed.
- Take ownership of projects and see that any bugs are handled quickly and appropriately.
- Refactor code from legacy systems to adhere to current standards and conventions.
- Work with a small team of diverse technical expertise to produce high quality products.
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested by management (company-wide job duty).
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About KrakenOur mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the pla
Headquarters: Miami URL: http://trend.ioAbout Trend:Trend is a TechStars vetted marketplace leading the development and adoption of what a digital marketing platform should look like in the near future. Trend has created a paradigm shift in how consumer brands work with digi
Headquarters: Dundee, UK URL: https://www.mtcmedia.co.ukmtc is looking for a backend web developer with Magento 2 experience to join our growing team of over 120 staff across the world. You will be responsible for developing world-class websites for our clients. You will wor