Aptive is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is comfortable working in an Agile/DevOps work environment to support a project that directly impacts the lives of Veterans and their families. The Engineer will work in a small team to design, build, and maintain features and functionality in Amazon Web Services using Kotlin. The Engineer may interact with clients and work with Analysts to refine and develop requirements while finding ways to further enhance our services.Primary Responsibilities:
- Understand and fulfill requirements by designing, developing, deploying, and testing software solutions within the agile development team while collaborating with technical and non-technical team members
- Address trouble tickets to modify and fix existing code as well as the COTS and PaaS products the team integrates with
- Participate in scrum ceremonies to plan releases and continuously improve team processes
- Provides support for junior developers – code reviews, guidance, mentorship
- 10+ years of web development experience
- Bachelor's degree (or experience which compensates)
- Back-end development experience in Java and/or Kotlin (preferred), Python
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver quality code while in an Agile development environment
- Strong database skills, both NoSQL and relational
- Experience utilizing cloud infrastructure - AWS preferred
- Using continuous integration with centrally managed source code and distributed version control
- Experience with RESTful API development and consumption
- Build automation with Gradle or Maven
- Automated testing
- 3-5 years of experience as a member of an Agile/Scrum team
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Strategic thinker with a drive to get all types of work done and a high attention to details.
- Excellent ability to communicate across all mediums and settings, superior consulting abilities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, leaving client organizations stronger after every engagement and building trust for the next big challenge. Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental and disability plans with company contributions
- 401K plan with immediate vesting and a competitive company match
- Generous paid time off and flexible work schedules
- Flexible savings accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Company-sponsored professional education and training opportunities
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
THE CHALLENGEFinancial Engineering is incredibly important for any global marketplace. The success of the Eventbrite as well as our creators depends on building and maintaining a best-in-class financial ecosystem that produces, monitors, and validates Eventbrite’s financial
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success tr
About the RoleAt Plotly, our customers depend on us for their mission-critical data analysis needs. In this TechOps engineer role, you'll work with code, colleagues, and customers to build Plotly's core products and improve their robustness and scalability.Duties & Responsibi
About the RoleWe're building Dash Enterprise, a web app that lets data scientists quickly and easily spin up and scale data science and ML apps. We do this using Kubernetes. Cool, right? You'll spend most of your day programming 60-90%. New codebase and we use cool technologies l
Who We Are And What We DoService Robotics & Technologies (SRT) is a software integration company that has developed a software platform to optimize smart facility data management, allowing facility leaders to monitor, analyze and automate across platforms. We specialize in th
More jobs by this company
Job Summary:Aptive is seeking a full-time Web Developer to advance the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Patient Advocacy’s goals by creating and maintaining websites for programs and projects.Tasks may include performing web development, computer programmi
Job Summary:Aptive is seeking a UiPath Developer with demonstrated experience providing support and technical advice during conceptualization, development, and implementation phases to transform requirements to working solutions.This mid-level, full-time position is in DC Metro A
Job Summary:Aptive is seeking a Junior Health Services Researcher to support the delivery of health system transformation and innovation, implementation and operations support, and healthcare business enabling services to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Veterans Health Ad
Job Summary:Aptive is seeking a Graphic Designer with demonstrated experience to assist with the development of products and production of materials through an integrated communication campaign in support of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S
Job Summary:Aptive is seeking a senior biostatistician with demonstrated quantitative and statistical experience. In this role for the VA Office of Research and Development (ORD), the senior biostatistician will evaluate customer data sets, identify trends, quantify results, and.
Job Summary:Aptive is seeking a Business Analyst who is comfortable working in an Agile/DevOps work environment to support a project that directly impacts the lives of Veterans and their families. The Business Analyst will gather, analyze, and communicate business requirements ac