Radar is connecting digital experiences to the physical world with a location platform for every app, every device, and every developer. We help enterprises like T-Mobile, American Eagle Outfitters, and Zappos increase engagement and improve operations, powering impactful location-based experiences for over 100 million end-users.
Our team has backgrounds at companies like Google Maps, Foursquare, and Facebook. We are backed by top investors including Accel and Two Sigma Ventures.
We are remote-friendly and currently have 40 employees with headquarters in Brooklyn, NY.
About the role
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us improve our backend infrastructure by working on things like simplifying how we serve our hot path, building internal tooling around our Point-of-Interest Places database, and creating a unified customer-facing analytics stack.
With over 100 million installations over the past 12 months, the Radar mobile SDK generates 100's of millions of api calls per day. At its core, Radar is a data-intensive, high-throughput application, so reliable and global infrastructure is critical.
You will report to our CTO.
What you’ll do:
- Help scale our api’s beyond 10,000 qps and our Data Lake beyond 100PB
- Work on the Radar api layer in Typescript and Docker
- Work on the Radar offline pipeline layer in python airflow
- Work on our Data layer in MongoDB, Redis, and Athena
- Build internal tools, including simple web interfaces
- Work across many AWS services
- Improve our Point-of-Interest places database using Scala spark
- Improve our PlaceRank algorithm
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, and Docker
- Experience working on a large scale production data-intensive application in AWS
- Experience with indexing, sharding, caching and materialized views for high-throughput data-intensive applications
- Experience improving precision and accuracy of ranking oriented api’s
- Experience implementing solutions that are 20% of the effort but 80% of the benefit
You’ll be working with:
- Tim Julien, CTO
- Jeff Kao, Senior Staff Engineer
- Craig Kochis, Engineering Manager
- Competitive compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Free CitiBike membership
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
THE CHALLENGEFinancial Engineering is incredibly important for any global marketplace. The success of the Eventbrite as well as our creators depends on building and maintaining a best-in-class financial ecosystem that produces, monitors, and validates Eventbrite’s financial
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success tr
UNITED STATES / CANADA (REMOTE)ENGINEERING — DEVELOPMENT / FULL-TIMEEveryone wants a career with impact. At Nuvalence, you’ll be helping some of the world's most renowned and ambitious companies build winning cloud platforms.Nuvalence software engineers are problem so
* FULLY REMOTE*Position SummaryThe Back End Software Engineer is responsible for writing, documenting, testing and maintaining software. The Back End Software Engineer is responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application develop
About the RoleAt Plotly, our customers depend on us for their mission-critical data analysis needs. In this TechOps engineer role, you'll work with code, colleagues, and customers to build Plotly's core products and improve their robustness and scalability.Duties & Responsibi