We are seeking a Software Engineer on our Platform team to architect, build, and maintain back-end services on AWS. This position is especially suited for senior developers with DevOps/ops/system administration experience. It is an excellent opportunity to work on the latest technologies and build architectures that scale.
- Architect, build, troubleshoot and maintain AWS cloud-based solutions and applications.
- Apply a DevOps mindset to the services and applications being built and must show flexibility in owning several back end services.
- Provide infrequent after-hours monitoring and triage of critical production issues.
- Prioritize and work independently on several projects with minimal oversight.
- Build systems using server-less architecture while utilizing programming languages such as Java, Python and PHP.
- 5+ years of experience developing server based software (web or back-end systems such as services and background workers).
- Working knowledge of at least one database (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX command line tools (e.g., grep, find, lsof, vim, perl, awk, sed).
- Professional experience developing software in PHP or Python.
- Experience delivering two or more software or systems projects (at the professional level) through the entire SDLC.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in DevOps or System Administration roles (database, systems, network, or cloud).
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) from an accredited 4-year university.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Java, Python and PHP: 3 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
THE CHALLENGEFinancial Engineering is incredibly important for any global marketplace. The success of the Eventbrite as well as our creators depends on building and maintaining a best-in-class financial ecosystem that produces, monitors, and validates Eventbrite’s financial
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success tr
About UsWith electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of ha
UNITED STATES / CANADA (REMOTE)ENGINEERING — DEVELOPMENT / FULL-TIMEEveryone wants a career with impact. At Nuvalence, you’ll be helping some of the world's most renowned and ambitious companies build winning cloud platforms.Nuvalence software engineers are problem so
* FULLY REMOTE*Position SummaryThe Back End Software Engineer is responsible for writing, documenting, testing and maintaining software. The Back End Software Engineer is responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application develop
More jobs by this company
Job descriptionWe are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer on our Platform team to architect, build, and maintain back-end services on AWS. This position is especially suited for senior developers with DevOps/ops/system administration experience. It is an excellent opportunity to work