Back-end Developer duties and responsibilities:
Be involved and participate in the overall website application lifecycle.
- Focus on coding, debugging, and step debugging.
- Collaborate with clients and co-workers.
- Define and effectively communicate technical requirements.
- Provide training, help, and support to other team members as needed.
- Build high-quality reusable code.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean code.
- Stay up to date with current best practices.
- Participate in conferences and educational programs.
- Follow new and emerging technologies.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience.
- Recording data and reporting it to the proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
Back-end Developer requirements and qualifications:
- Preference to those living in / willing to relocate to the Portland, ME area.
- 1+ years of experience solving back-end coding problems.
- In-depth understanding of web development.
- 2+ years of experience with a programming language like Java, Ruby, PHP, or Python (PHP preferred)
- 1+ years of experience with Drupal CMS framework.
- Comfortable using Git.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Willingness to sit/stand at a desk for extended periods.
The successful applicant will be:
- Passionate about solving complex programming problems.
- Self-motivated (ready to dig into a web search to solve a problem)
- Curious and ready to learn.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in person and on paper (with co-workers AND clients).
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client needs.
About Redfin Solutions
- 100% company-paid health insurance premium
- HSA company contribution
- IRA matching
- 4 weeks PTO
- 36-hour workweek
- Flexible work schedule
- Team lunch once a week
- Standing desks, seltzer & cold brew coffee on tap, annual company retreat, and more.
Redfin Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our staff and clients, and encourage those from underrepresented groups to apply.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
THE CHALLENGEFinancial Engineering is incredibly important for any global marketplace. The success of the Eventbrite as well as our creators depends on building and maintaining a best-in-class financial ecosystem that produces, monitors, and validates Eventbrite’s financial
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success tr
****100% Remote*****Position SummaryThe Front End Software Engineer is responsible for creating a maintaining web based software tools. The Front End Software Engineer will be tasked with enhancing both the customer and employee workflows by integrating new technologies. Front En
We are looking for an experienced web developer.The right candidate will possess senior level PHP experience with a well-rounded software development background. We expect this position to spend their time in the following manner: 80% coding, 10% architecting, and 10% team commun
UNITED STATES / CANADA (REMOTE)ENGINEERING — DEVELOPMENT / FULL-TIMEEveryone wants a career with impact. At Nuvalence, you’ll be helping some of the world's most renowned and ambitious companies build winning cloud platforms.Nuvalence software engineers are problem so