We’re a mighty team of more than 400 creative thinkers, experienced leaders, passionate innovators and some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever meet. We work at nine offices around the globe, with headquarters in Berlin and hubs in Los Angeles, Detroit and Montreal. We like to refer to ourselves as Uberallers, too.
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
In July 2021 we acquired one of the most successful location marketing platforms in the US, MomentFeed, and raised a series C funding round of $115m. We plan to seize on this momentum to rapidly expand in North America and become the undisputed global leader in space. This role is pivotal to us executing on this journey!!
About the role:
As Backend Engineer (m/f/d) you will be working on our location marketing cloud solution (SaaS) and be a part of a highly-skilled agile team. As an experienced and team-minded professional, you will have a voice in our daily stand-ups that will be recognized and essential in our daily business to provide the best software solution to our enterprise clients and partners.
If you want to gain some more insights from two of our backend engineers: https://youtu.be/koxZ_rq-I_E
- You will participate in the full life-cycle software development of our innovative and unique data-driven location marketing cloud solution (SaaS)
- You play a significant role in the backend development of bulk data processing
- You will develop new features and innovative software modules based on modern technologies as well as enhance our DevOps workflow
- You will be responsible for improving and maintaining the web API our customers use every day to manage business location profiles ranging from 50 to 10’s of thousands of listings with a focus on quality and scalability
- You will implement services that connect to APIs from our partner directories
- You will build extensible widgets, pushing for the simplest integration of our latest functionality
- You contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- You will write test specifications as well as use Pair Programming as a methodology to make sure that our code is high quality
- You have proven experience in software development, preferably in the area of software-as-a-service (SaaS), cloud solution, CMS, CRM, e-commerce or a similar field
- You have excellent programming skills with Java (JVM, Groovy, Grails, Scala etc.) including an effective and clean code mindset
- You bring professional experience with data modelling for distributed databases (e.g. ElasticSearch) as well as for relational databases like MySQL or NoSQL databases
- Knowledge in working with Grails, Spring, Spring-Boot, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat, AWS, RestAPI etc. will be a very big plus
- You bring the experience of scalable software architectures and modern software tools as well as desire to “play” with server technologies
- You have expertise in agile development (Scrum or Kanban)
- You bring creativity and the ambition to strive in a constructive and multicultural team
- You are fluent in English
What we offer:
- Hoodie and merch - we got you covered. With your onboarding package comes your new stylish look.
- Events and off-sites - YES and YES. Plan something with your team, if you feel like it. The whole company meets 2-3 times a year (Xmas, Summer Party, Just-Because Parties).
- Proper tech, check. MacBook Pro, Apple mouse, -stand and Apple keyboard. Need anything else? Let the P&P team know.
- Remote and flex work hours...yes, d'uh! It's not 1992 anymore. Check our social media content for some remote working stories. Who needs a cubicle, when you can have your cat walking through the video call?
- Waffle days, bad jokes, a HUGE Project A corp benefit program, a CEO with a pizza oven, global meditation sessions, German language class, LGBTQIA+ community and support, book club, culture committee, individual L&D paths and -budget...
Everything starts with getting in touch. Please let Sebastian know about your interest, questions and friendly referrals. He will be getting back to you in no time.
In the meantime, let our "life@uberall" give you some real-life impressions.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
THE CHALLENGEFinancial Engineering is incredibly important for any global marketplace. The success of the Eventbrite as well as our creators depends on building and maintaining a best-in-class financial ecosystem that produces, monitors, and validates Eventbrite’s financial
Summary:We are looking for a fully remote Backend Developer (Java) with over 4 years of professional experience. You will be working alongside a world-class team on a Fintech company.----------Why Work With Us:We’re a small team that is very strong technically. You’ll
Headquarters: Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy URL: https://www.iubenda.comWe are looking for a sales Admin intern to join our Sales Team. It's a back-end position, you won't be directly involved in meetings with clients, prospecting calls, or other front-end activit
Ushur is transforming the way businesses communicate, with cutting-edge AI and automation technologies. Powered by conversational AI and process automation, Ushur automates customer journeys across virtually any channel; text, web, voice, social, email and back-end systems. We fo
Location: Anywhere in U.SSkills: Object-Oriented Languages, JAVA, C#, C++, AWS, BackEnd, Huge Data SetsResponsibilities: Developing scalable trading infrastructureParticipating in all phases of the development of our trading and simulation enginesMinimizing latencies to ensure.
More jobs by this company
We’re a mighty team of more than 400 creative thinkers, experienced leaders, passionate innovators and some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever meet. We work at nine offices around the globe, with headquarters in Berlin. We like to refer to ourselves as Uberallers, t