At Pento, we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. And we're building a better and more progressive working environment for our people alongside. We raised $15.6m at Series A and we've only just gotten started!
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who cares deeply about building flawless product features while challenging our thinking on software architecture. Someone with a passion for building performant and reliable systems, and that are always up for a challenge.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem and finding a simple solution. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers.
Our tech stack
We build and host our application using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, GraphQL, Golang, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
What will you be doing?
- You will research, develop and document new software solutions;
- You will build, extend and maintain our upcoming public API;
- You will build libraries and services, making the implementation of integrations seamless with other engineers on the team as your main users;
- You will collaborate with the product engineering team in an agile manner;
- You will take operational responsibility for the code that you write over the entire software development life cycle.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have at least a few years of professional experience in software engineering, working in a team environment;
- You have experience in backend development, building, running and debugging web applications;
- You are knowledgeable about statically typed programming languages and relational databases, preferably Golang and PostgreSQL;
- You are familiar with defining and building GraphQL APIs;
- You have experience documenting APIs for both internal and external consumption;
- You are passionate about writing understandable and testable code;
- You have worked on large scale distributed systems;
- You thrive in fast paced environments.
...or even if you miss experience in some of the technologies mentioned above but are whiling to learn them
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento
We're a technology company, not an accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join
- The UK payroll process hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong inbound demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
THE CHALLENGEFinancial Engineering is incredibly important for any global marketplace. The success of the Eventbrite as well as our creators depends on building and maintaining a best-in-class financial ecosystem that produces, monitors, and validates Eventbrite’s financial
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success tr
UNITED STATES / CANADA (REMOTE)ENGINEERING — DEVELOPMENT / FULL-TIMEEveryone wants a career with impact. At Nuvalence, you’ll be helping some of the world's most renowned and ambitious companies build winning cloud platforms.Nuvalence software engineers are problem so
* FULLY REMOTE*Position SummaryThe Back End Software Engineer is responsible for writing, documenting, testing and maintaining software. The Back End Software Engineer is responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application develop
About the RoleAt Plotly, our customers depend on us for their mission-critical data analysis needs. In this TechOps engineer role, you'll work with code, colleagues, and customers to build Plotly's core products and improve their robustness and scalability.Duties & Responsibi
More jobs by this company
At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a full-time Engineering Lead to join our Support & Internal tools team. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we provide them with a