At Saatva we look for individuals who are motivated by a collaborative environment and challenging work. We want to work alongside people who believe great and efficient technology can empower an organization. For this specific role, we are looking for a junior level Software Engineer looking to learn and grow their career to add to our fast-growing Merchant Services team. You will constantly challenge yourself from both a business and technology standpoint to develop efficient and reusable back-end systems that exceed our customer's needs and business expectations. You will partner with Product Management and other Engineers to get the best products into our customers' hands.
Saatva is the Direct-to-consumer luxury mattress and home furnishings brand that aspires to help every consumer get a great night’s sleep. At Saatva, we do more than sell mattresses to consumers. We are a brand that believes in consciousness and goodness — from what we put in our products, to how we treat our customers and each other. We believe our greatest potential is reached when we empower each other, and we believe in having a good time in the process. This commitment extends to a diverse and friendly environment that nurtures personal as well as professional growth.
What You'll Do
- Write high-quality code that meets the stakeholder’s expectations and is easy to understand, support, and maintain by other Software Engineers
- Work on scalable, secure, and reliable solutions to expand and improve our customers’ experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as DevOps, QA Engineering, Data Engineering, and UI/UX to implement features and ship new experiences frequently
- Contribute to supporting production issues, including root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Participate in code reviews, testing, code delivery, and regular Agile/Scrum ceremonies
Who You Are
- Values creating collaborative relationships across your entire team and organization
- Accepts difference of opinions, creativity, and has confidence in your own ideas
- Passionate about technology and making real impact
- Results and action-oriented, willing to go that extra mile for the best outcome
- Learns new technologies quickly by leveraging experience on similar technology stacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems
- A solid sense of urgency
What You Have (Qualifications)
- 6+ months of experience with exposure to back end Software Engineering
- Experience working in PHP
- BS in Computer Science or relevant field (in lieu of the degree we will consider 2 extra years of experience in Software Engineering)
- Knowledge of basic SQL usage
Extra points for (not required)
- Experience working on eCommerce
- Experience with AWS
- Ruby experience
- Experience with functional, integration, and/or regression testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Why Join our Team?
- Saatva flourishes off a collaborative environment; we participate in pair programming where we have two developers working together at the same workstation
- Our company is small yet growing at a rapid pace, unlocking exciting new doors along with personal/professional growth for our team as a whole
- Good ideas travel quickly within our small and collective environment; with a great opportunity for impact from just one individual
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Generous leave policy
- 401k with match
- and more…
Please note, while this position will be based at our Austin, TX office, we will consider remote candidates within the US territory. Work hours are during Central Time.
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Whitestone Home Furnishings, LLC
At Whitestone Home Furnishings, LLC, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention, and employee development programs. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status to confidently drive change.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
THE CHALLENGEFinancial Engineering is incredibly important for any global marketplace. The success of the Eventbrite as well as our creators depends on building and maintaining a best-in-class financial ecosystem that produces, monitors, and validates Eventbrite’s financial
Summary:We are looking for a fully remote Backend Developer (Java) with over 4 years of professional experience. You will be working alongside a world-class team on a Fintech company.----------Why Work With Us:We’re a small team that is very strong technically. You’ll
Headquarters: Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy URL: https://www.iubenda.comWe are looking for a sales Admin intern to join our Sales Team. It's a back-end position, you won't be directly involved in meetings with clients, prospecting calls, or other front-end activit
Ushur is transforming the way businesses communicate, with cutting-edge AI and automation technologies. Powered by conversational AI and process automation, Ushur automates customer journeys across virtually any channel; text, web, voice, social, email and back-end systems. We fo
Location: Anywhere in U.SSkills: Object-Oriented Languages, JAVA, C#, C++, AWS, BackEnd, Huge Data SetsResponsibilities: Developing scalable trading infrastructureParticipating in all phases of the development of our trading and simulation enginesMinimizing latencies to ensure.