The Spaces Team oversees the work to take a new site address and convert it into a completed installation. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will work closely with our retail team, machine learning team, and data engineering team to build systems and services that meet our evolving product and deployment requirements. You will also work closely with our field engineering team to ensure our tools can scale with our ever growing fleet of sites.
This is a FULL-TIME remote role based anywhere in the United States.
What you'll do here:
- Design and implement services and APIs supporting both internal and external products
- Work with machine learning engineers to build and deliver services that use ML models to make real-time decisions
- Be a part of ensuring our code is scalable, maintainable, and reliable.
- Build out solutions for monitoring, tracing, and debugging our services in production environments
- Iterate quickly on experimental systems to solve real user problems
- Work closely with other teams to help us deliver solutions to our customers
- Find and fix performance bottlenecks in our services
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience in Python, Django, Flask (or a similar language) for writing services and REST APIs.
- You have experience in backend focused engineering roles, or equivalent
- You have built systems using a range of data stores - SQL, noSQL, in-memory, etc, and can evaluate the tradeoffs between them effectively.
- You have experience with cloud platforms (we use GCP), and know how to build cloud-native systems
- You like solving complex problems efficiently - sometimes by writing code, but also by knowing when not to write code.
- You care a lot about delivering quality systems through automated testing and monitoring.
- You like to mentor other developers through code review, design discussions, and more.
Only meet some of these traits or experience? We’d still love to hear from you!
Why you might want to work with us:
- We take care of you and your family with health, vision, and dental insurance.
- You will have the option to contribute to a 401k.
- You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
- Standard is a remote first company. We trust you to get your job done in the location that works best for you.
- We dress casually. Some of us wear slippers in the office. In current work from home standings, we’re super comfy.
- We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- We're family friendly. We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to.
- We offer very competitive compensation, including equity in Standard, to each one of our employees.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Do you have further questions about this role? Reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Pasadena, California, United States URL: https://near.comYou will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is
At GlobaliD, we’re on a mission to give everyone control of their digital identity. We believe it to be a human right and a responsibility. Your identity is the permission to act. It should enable access, trusted communications, and economic activity. GlobaliD’s priva
In this role, youll use your software development skills to make thoughtful fintech work happen! Youll spend most of your time shipping features to support our trusts and investment operations businesses. This backend focused engineer will have strong rails experience with a focu
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is exp
Hello Professionals,I am writing to let you know regarding a job opportunity as JOB ID: #942 Backend Services Developer with one of our Clients inIndianapolis, IN(Remote). Mentioned is the job description for your reviewJOB ID: #942 Backend Services DeveloperLocation: Cincinnati,