Software Engineer E-Commerce, Remote
We are searching for a bright and passionate software engineer responsible for building and maintaining new features to enhance the fine jewelry shopping experience for our customers. This role requires attention to details, high code quality to ensure bug free releases and a best-in-class ecommerce site. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of new site features, proof of concepts and production support.
What you will do:
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions using robust understanding of Oscar-Django framework.
- Trouble-shoot and provide support for production issues, with flexibility to assist in production emergencies off-hours.
- Establish the root cause of production issues, in collaboration with onsite and offshore engineers to address.
- Contribute to continuous integration and code deployment and releases working with onsite and offshore engineers.
- Review and ensure designs and implementations follow security best practices.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Operations, Marketing and IT.
- Document processes and monitor application performance metrics - both frontend and backend.
Technical Skills Required:
- 3+ years’ experience working on Python applications at scale or similar programming languages
- 3+ years’ experience working on Django-Oscar ecommerce framework or similar ecommerce frameworks
- 3+ years’ experience working on Amazon RDS or similar database technologies
- 3+ years’ experience working with cloud-based computing environments like AWS or similar
- Robust experience with performance tuning of UI Technologies and backend technologies
- Demonstrated experience in improving the reliability and operational automation of complex, multi-tier systems
- Experience building business mission critical e-commerce site with high availability
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience with supporting, maintaining, and documenting software functionality
Technical Skills Preferred:
- Experience working with ecommerce products like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento, Shopify, HCL Commerce, etc.
- Experience working with web technologies like HTML5, CSS3, Jquery, React, Vue, Nodejs
- Experience working with Elastic Search or similar search technologies
- Experience working with NetSuite
- Experience working with store POS systems
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager or similar technologies
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and tools quickly
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, execute tasks, and demonstrate accountability to deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and technical mindset for designing, coding and triaging production issues
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively and communicate information clearly at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, preferred
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Flexible PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In additional to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Pasadena, California, United States URL: https://near.comYou will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is
Hello Professionals,I am writing to let you know regarding a job opportunity as JOB ID: #942 Backend Services Developer with one of our Clients inIndianapolis, IN(Remote). Mentioned is the job description for your reviewJOB ID: #942 Backend Services DeveloperLocation: Cincinnati,
Hi,Good Day, I am Naren from Kairos and I am working on below immediate role for my client. Its 100% REMOTE contractJob Title: IVR -Avaya EngineerLocation: RemoteRate: 70$/hr 1099Duration: 6 months extendableJob Description: Expertise on building conversational IVR flows using Nu
Overview:Join a world class organization with an entrepreneurial work environment and innovative spirit!JBT Corporation’s Automated Systems business is a leading global supplier of automated, self-guided vehicle systems to the automotive, food & beverage, hospital and c
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our cli