Company: Spekit (Founded in 2018)
Funding to date: $15M (Series A stage)
Position: Backend Engineering Manager for our new US based Backend team.
Comp: $160-$209K (dependent on experience level) + attractive early stage equity
Tech stack: Python, Django, Redis, RabbitMQ, Git, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Linux etc
Location: Remote anywhere in the US
About the Role:
Reporting directly to our VP of Engineering, the Manager of the Software Engineer team (Back End) will oversee our team of back end engineers and will be responsible for building a scalable engineering practice with structure, processes and organization to support our growth. The ideal candidate will have great technical depth, superior process skills, a high level of integrity, and a strong desire to help teams solve technical challenges to deliver a product built for both small startups and large enterprise businesses alike.
At Spekit, we’re committed to our work, our customers, and most importantly to each others’ success. If you're a do-er who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to be a foundational leader of a growing high-tech company, we’d love to hear from you!
- You have existing experience building and mentoring team members and working for a growing product or software organization
- You’re skilled at maintaining an existing culture with an evolving new one
- You’re passionate about building and growing teams, determining what skills are needed as we scale, and how to groom existing talent over time
- You’ve worked successfully with remote teams
- You not only have an innate ability to execute, but you bring sanity to the pre-development phase in the product lifecycle with a unified view of the broader objectives
- You have a can-do attitude. You’re open to feedback both from leadership and from direct reports as well
Technologies we embrace:
Python & Django
What we're ideally looking for in you:
- 5-7+ years of experience in software development and 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, ideally manager
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Background and/or skill set in Back End Development (ideally Python) and experience managing engineering teams.
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Passion for scaling an engineering org and codebase
- Ideally, you have both frontend and backend software development knowledge
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically
- Results driven; highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
About the Team:
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo.
As a distributed engineering team, we are enthusiastic about the future of work where employees can own their schedule and balance work with a healthy happy lifestyle. We optimize for having clear schedules to focus on getting work done, and balance the need for creative problem solving discovery and human interaction by hosting bi-annual goal-setting retreats for all team members at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado. This is not mandatory for fully remote engineers but encouraged if it's possible.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Pasadena, California, United States URL: https://near.comYou will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is
At GlobaliD, we’re on a mission to give everyone control of their digital identity. We believe it to be a human right and a responsibility. Your identity is the permission to act. It should enable access, trusted communications, and economic activity. GlobaliD’s priva
Hello Professionals,I am writing to let you know regarding a job opportunity as JOB ID: #942 Backend Services Developer with one of our Clients inIndianapolis, IN(Remote). Mentioned is the job description for your reviewJOB ID: #942 Backend Services DeveloperLocation: Cincinnati,
Hi,Good Day, I am Naren from Kairos and I am working on below immediate role for my client. Its 100% REMOTE contractJob Title: IVR -Avaya EngineerLocation: RemoteRate: 70$/hr 1099Duration: 6 months extendableJob Description: Expertise on building conversational IVR flows using Nu
Overview:Join a world class organization with an entrepreneurial work environment and innovative spirit!JBT Corporation’s Automated Systems business is a leading global supplier of automated, self-guided vehicle systems to the automotive, food & beverage, hospital and c
More jobs by this company
Company: Spekit (Founded in 2018)Funding to date: $15M (Series A stage)Position: Python Developer (Senior level preferred) for our new US based Backend team. Comp: $135-$200K (dependent on experience level) + attractive early stage equityTech stack: Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, Pytho