We are seeking an experienced Backend Engineer - Mid Level (100% Remote!) to join our team! We use modern tech to make it easy for people and businesses to get the insurance coverage they need. You’ll help build and test APIs, rating engines, policy management systems and more. The insurance industry is known for slow, clunky tools that weren’t built with the user in mind. We’re making them fast and reliable, and we’d love for you to join us.
Our company is comprised individuals who honor our core values of passion, intelligence, integrity, and humility. We seek people who are motivated to learn, love to be challenged and have a passion for collaborating with and lifting up other team members. We value personal and professional growth and reward these efforts with internal movement. We have implemented (self lead) quarterly culture surveys, to ensure that we uphold our core values.
- Design, Develop, Document and Test our APIs, rating engines, and other C# applications
- Maintain APIs/features once they’re in production
- Work with dev team, product managers on development strategy
- Contribute to internal documentation
- Working in agile scrum environment
- Adhere to company code standards and guidelines
- Solid understanding of C# (preferably .NET Core)
- Experience writing unit tests
- Manual API testing using Postman (or equivalent)
- Experience using Git and Github/Gitlab (must understand basic source control workflow)
- Take initiative and be a self motivated problem solver (using: docs, tutorials)
- Third party service integration
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (or GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience writing technical documentation
- SQL querying (SQL, Cosmos Db)
How We Work:
- BackEnd: C#, .Net Core, .Net 5+
- Database: Sql Server, Cosmos DB
- Infrastructure: Azure
- Remote Tools: Microsoft Teams
Scrum environment with cross-disciplinary teams (frontend and backend engines, UI/UX, Product managers, SDETs)
Professional development time and resources to help you learn and grow the way you want to
Our Interview Process:
- Phase1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then be invited to submit a coding project. Once completed, our hiring manager will review and confirm a 60-minute tech screen.
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include a whiteboarding panel interview with our tech team and a 1:1 culture focused interview. The final series is can be 1.5-3 hours in total.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Pasadena, California, United States URL: https://near.comYou will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Software Developer III. The Software Developer III responsible for implementing and supporting technology to support HFHI’s short- and long-term entity management strate
As a Software Engineer , you will be joining a team of highly talented and energetic engineers who strive to ensure customers have a consistent and easy payment and billing experience; enhance the billing services to scale with the business; and collaborate with internal teams fo
At GlobaliD, we’re on a mission to give everyone control of their digital identity. We believe it to be a human right and a responsibility. Your identity is the permission to act. It should enable access, trusted communications, and economic activity. GlobaliD’s priva
Hello Professionals,I am writing to let you know regarding a job opportunity as JOB ID: #942 Backend Services Developer with one of our Clients inIndianapolis, IN(Remote). Mentioned is the job description for your reviewJOB ID: #942 Backend Services DeveloperLocation: Cincinnati,