FocusKPI is looking for a Data Engineer to work for our client.
Work Location: Remote
Duration: Contract-to-Hire position
Our client is looking for an experienced Data Engineer with hands-on experience in designing and developing data platforms. You will own the design, development, and maintenance of the client's data platform that will enable us to make effective data-informed decisions across various business disciplines. You will be part of cross-functional efforts with the product, backend engineering, and data science to build a next-level data platform that scales and supports all the client’s business and data products. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact with different functional areas within the business and influence decision-making in a fast-growing mobile communications start-up.
- Own the client’s data warehouse, pipeline, and integration points between various business systems.
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines to ensure data quality and reliability. Troubleshoot data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions.
- Explore available technologies and develop solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, and scalability. Perform capacity planning and cost estimates of proposed solutions.
- Design, Develop and support new and existing batch and real-time data pipelines and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Be a champion of the client’s data ecosystem by working with engineering and infrastructure to implement data strategy for governance, security, privacy, quality, and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements.
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups and senior-level management. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements.
- Implement the best practices and standards for data definitions.
- Manage data infrastructure to grow and support the Data Science team in relation to the construction of performant ML-based data products.
- Have 5-7 years of experience working with data warehouse/data lake and ETL architectures, cloud data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake, RDS), and experience in Python, SQL, preferably at companies with fast-growing and evolving data needs.
- Someone who takes action and ownership with a hands-on experience with AWS and services like Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, RDS, EC2, etc., and familiarity with schemas, metadata catalogs, etc.
- Have 2+ years of experience with open-source technologies such as Airflow, Spark (including pyspark).
- Hands-on experience with designing real-time data streaming pipelines using spark structured Streaming, Kafka, and/or Kinesis is a plus.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with the support of the team. Highly organized, structured work approach and dependable. Expected ability to communicate and collaborate on data engineering tasks with internal partners.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves improving the performance of queries and data jobs and scaling the system for exponential growth in data.
FocusKPI Hiring Team
Founded in 2010, FocusKPI, Inc. (FocusKPI) is a data science and technology firm specializing in predictive analytics practice and methodologies. FocusKPI is a US company headquartered in Silicon Valley, California with an East Coast office in Boston, Massachusetts.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: Pasadena, California, United States URL: https://near.comYou will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is
Assurant is seeking a Pricing Project Manager to join our team.The Senior Analyst, Pricing Analytics is primarily responsible for driving revenue optimization through the Trade Desk operation. This role will be expected to manage analysis of work streams by collecting business ne
At GlobaliD, we’re on a mission to give everyone control of their digital identity. We believe it to be a human right and a responsibility. Your identity is the permission to act. It should enable access, trusted communications, and economic activity. GlobaliD’s priva
Hello Professionals,I am writing to let you know regarding a job opportunity as JOB ID: #942 Backend Services Developer with one of our Clients inIndianapolis, IN(Remote). Mentioned is the job description for your reviewJOB ID: #942 Backend Services DeveloperLocation: Cincinnati,
Hi,Good Day, I am Naren from Kairos and I am working on below immediate role for my client. Its 100% REMOTE contractJob Title: IVR -Avaya EngineerLocation: RemoteRate: 70$/hr 1099Duration: 6 months extendableJob Description: Expertise on building conversational IVR flows using Nu
More jobs by this company
FocusKPI, Inc. is looking for a Financial Operations Specialist to work for our client. This role is part of the Finance team within the client's organization. The team focuses broadly on the technology areas of AI, blockchain, fintech, health tech, infrastructure, and media tech
FocusKPI is looking for a Data Scientist to work for our client.Work Location: RemoteDuration: Contract position and potential for extensionResponsibilities:Perform hands-on coding to retrieve and analyze large datasets using Python and SQLIntegrate disparate data sources and lev
We're looking for a Data Engineer for our client, a startup company in Silicon Valley, with an amazing opportunity to design, develop, and deliver our data platform from the ground up.Work Location: RemoteDuration: Contract-to-hire positionResponsibilities:Design, develop and del