Syntropy’s Chief of Staff is the right-hand person and force-multiplier to the CEO. This role will encompass managing the CEO’s priorities, overseeing staff and internal operations, and spearheading special projects. This role does not require specialization in a particular field or function, but rather, lends itself well to those with a diversity of experiences and a desire to learn new skills.
In this role, you will be required to enable effective communication between the Syntropy team and the project’s stakeholders including investors, developers, enterprises, and the tech policy community in order to create and sustain value, visibility and transparency. This will encompass the integration and dissemination of information pertaining to range of areas including strategy, finance, operations, development, and more.
Internally, you will support the leadership team in setting strategic objectives and developing implementation plans. You will work closely with the leadership team and various functional teams to coordinate efforts in order to achieve these goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the CEO in identifying priorities, strategically aligning his/her time with those, and revisiting them regularly to assess progress
- Act as a thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges, and developing frameworks to help guide decision-making
- Manage a variety of long-term, cross-organizational projects
- Oversee meeting preparation and planning for Board of Directors; support CEO in managing interactions with board and investors
- Provide communications support, including drafting emails, reports, memos, presentations, internal and external communications, and/or social media posts
- Prepare agendas, take notes, and assign action items at strategy meetings and help the CEO keep these items moving forward
- Maintain “About Syntropy” presentations and materials that are compelling and accurately reflects the project’s vision, mission, and strategic roadmap
- Support the internal events calendar including, but not limited to, all-hands meetings, company events, and investor events.
- Apply innovative approaches in managing organizational challenges in a manner that reflect the culture and values of the Syntropy project.
- Spearhead special projects as directed by the CEO and the Board
What You’ll Get:
- Unique perspective across the Syntropy project and its associated entities: you’ll have a view across the entire project unlike any other role and might join board meetings, staff meetings, and support the vision and strategy setting for the company
- Work with an exceptional team: You’ll work closely with an amazing group of employees, contractors, advisors, and investors who have incredible experience, insight, and a visionary perspective on the future of the internet.
- The ability to work in multiple functions: You’ll become deeply familiar with every aspect of the Syntropy project and have unparalleled perspective into the various functional teams that compromise the project.
- Credibility and opportunity: We are collaborating with some of the largest companies in the world on building a bold vision for the future of the internet. This role is a stepping stone to opportunities both within the Syntropy ecosystem and beyond. An ideal progressing would be to spend 12 to 24 months in this role, hire your replacement, and then to take on a larger leadership role.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 2 or more years of experience working in a full-time role, preferably in wide-ranging or cross-functional areas, and an eagerness to learn new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication; you listen and can easily learn to communicate in someone else’s “written voice” to help prepare comments, presentations, and memos
- Systems and process-thinker; you love creating order out of chaos
- An uncompromising ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and the highest level of discretion in handling sensitive material
- Strong Microsoft skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, or internet routing protocols would be an advantage, but is not required. However, interest in these areas is a must.
- Ability to travel when conditions allow us to do this safely
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively
- Dedication to the principles of trust, transparency, and openness
Diversity and Equal Opportunities:
Syntropy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, marital, familial, caregiver or partnership status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or active military personnel in the uniformed services, arrest or conviction record, credit history, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or a sex offense, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
This is a Remote (work from home) position.
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: