Are you a strong developer who loves writing, speaking and teaching other developers about the technology while taking a meaningful role in shaping the experience they have with the platform itself?
As a developer evangelist, your mission is to educate and engage early adopters and the broader developer community about the NEAR platform by telling a compelling story and backing it up with practical examples. That means doing whatever it takes to bring them into our developer community and keep them actively and happily building within it while learning from their experiences.
Practically speaking, this means that you will wear a lot of hats. As the core protocol is developed, you will be a key interface with the early adopter community to make sure they will have a great experience on the platform when it is released. You’ll need to build developer tools, write demos/tutorials and otherwise do pretty much whatever it takes to facilitate the onboarding experience and ensure developers get to understand the full benefits of the platform.
Going forward, you will be a visible presence representing NEAR in communities around the world by working directly with our events and community teams. This means everything from speaking to hosting workshops to supporting developers at events. You are the voice of the community to our internal team as well, helping to inform the development and education roadmaps.
This is a role that will allow you to build real software and also take a public-facing role representing the platform to developer communities. It is one part engineering, one part community and one part education.
- Build demos, tutorials and implementations to help bring early developers onto the platform.
- Answer technical questions and help developers and hackers build on NEAR at our hackathons and events.
- Brainstorm ideas for hackathon projects and help with team building during dev/creator community activations and events
- Work with the education team and devrel team to produce resources to help developers.
- Run train-the-trainer sessions to teach other trainers and educational partners about NEAR.
- Represent NEAR as the technical voice at major events and conferences, including speaking and supporting the platform development.
- 3+ years in software engineering at top companies.
- 2+ years in evangelism, education or other public-facing technical roles.
- Experience working with blockchain technologies (eg DApp development).
- A strong track record of speaking, presenting and teaching highly technical topics.
- A clear passion for both creating software and engaging live communities.
- Knowledge of Rust Language is highly desirable.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR Platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: