WAX is the king of NFTs and we are building a future where it will be redefined by its freedom. We are creating a platform that allows anyone to trade digital items instantly and securely, to anyone, anywhere. Our platform will redefine digital goods, vIRLs, and distributed finance through decentralization and blockchain interoperability.
Our team is growing and we are looking to add an experienced Fraud Analyst. This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in resolving problems; bright, articulate, detail-oriented Customer Advocate. We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting global markets, and collectors from around the world.
As a Fraud Analyst, you must be committed to proactively identifying fraud and preventing potential loss, while continuing to be mindful of the customer sitting on the other side of the computer screen.
The successful candidate should be a quick learner with deep quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities, should possess strong intellectual curiosity, skills in problem definition, and a collaborative working style. A solid understanding and experience with fraud and risk trends are strongly preferred. Should be able to balance multiple projects at the same time and handle various tasks and results-oriented demands in a fast-paced technology environment. This team provides 24x7x365 monitoring of Risk metrics and requires the ability to work shifts to provide a 24x7x365 support staff.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for monitoring, identification, root cause analysis, mitigation, and triaging of new and ongoing risk incidents daily with the mission to restore normal operation.
- Provide real-time visibility into Risk checkpoints and controls, conduct in-depth analysis of risk events and emerging threats that arise.
- Develop queries to extract data for incident investigation and perform exploratory data analysis to identify emerging threats.
- Conduct proactive qualitative investigations to identify and scope emerging fraud trends.
- Partner across teams and regions within the e-commerce site to coordinate incident response, share insights and drive swift resolutions to incidents.
- Maintain centralized incident tracking, summarizing, and reporting of all incidents.
- Incident Response - collaborate with a team to manage all high severity incidents from inception to resolution, ensuring a quick and accurate assessment of the issue, including identifying the impact to a specific Business Unit, Owner(s), and engaging the appropriate resolver group.
- Provide input into the Incident Management Process, further defining the process flow, detailing expectations, and assisting in training and guiding impacted parties to enforce the process.
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns using internal systems and 3rd party fraud tools
- Identify potential vulnerabilities, outliers, and/or gaps in process, systems, and/or operations through data analysis
- Responsible for research and analysis of account activity to assess levels of risk and fraud
- Monitor fraud alerts, provide data analysis to support resolutions, and lead fraud recovery processes
- Manage project strategies including monitoring project processes and results
- Strong experience and proficiency in SQL, Excel, proven understanding of database concepts, and practical experience with analytic tools (Tableau, Elasticsearch, Grafana, or Python).
- 3+ years of experience in risk management, incident management, project management, or related fields.
- Understanding of risk management in multiple areas: Fraud Risk (account take over, stolen financials),
Credit Risk (Bank Payments), Buyer Risk, Seller Risk, abuse, collusion risk, etc.
- Experience working with large datasets, recognizing and interpreting data trends, and using data to influence business decisions
- Ability to break down sophisticated problems and business questions and effectively communicate measurable insights to diverse audiences.
- Experience and knowledge of the incident management principles and methodologies, specializing in medium/large-scale organizational incident processes a plus.
- 3-5 years experience working with e-commerce and/or digital goods fraud detection
- Fast learner with the ability to grasp new technical skills quickly
- Analytical and detail-oriented with the ability to think logically and reasonably
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with Sift Science a plus
- Knowledge of Blockchain and NFT marketplaces is a plus
- Occasional off-hours meetings and conference calls, on-call, and periodic overtime
- Ability to switch contexts quickly and often, from customer to customer and from topic to topic with minimal preparation; maintain constant awareness of high-priority issues
- University degree or College diploma in Business Administration, Computer Sciences or related field from an accredited learning institution
- Fraud Prevention certifications will be considered
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $30,376.00 - $81,403.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Digital Goods Fraud: 3 years (Required)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About AlphaPoint:AlphaPoint is a financial technology company powering digital asset exchanges and brokerages worldwide. Through its secure, scalable, and customizable white-label digital asset trading platform, AlphaPoint has enabled over 150 customers in 35 countries to launch.
Developer Evangelist - Decentralized Object Storage.We're looking for a highly motivated technologist to join our team as our Developer Growth Advocate (Blockchain Object Storage) to help grow the Filebase brand across our ecosystem. You will be pioneering a new way for developer
UNITED STATES / CANADA (REMOTE)ENGINEERING — DEVELOPMENT / FULL-TIMEEveryone wants a career with impact. At Nuvalence, you’ll be helping some of the world's most renowned and ambitious companies build winning cloud platforms.As a blockchain engineer, you will work wit
Headquarters: Mountain View, CA (Remote) URL: https://hummingbot.ioHow would you like to continually master new blockchains and command an army of blockchain node minions handling thousands of transactions weekly? In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining our bac
Exodus is looking for an engineer who is excited to explore and integrate bleeding edge cryptocurrencies into the Exodus wallet. Your role as a Blockchain Engineer is to make new blockchains accessible to the millions of users who use our wallet to secure and exchange their crypt