At Winegard Company, we understand the importance of staying connected. Our goal is to enable independence in our interconnected world that relies on seamless connectivity. We believe that continued technological innovation can promote personal freedom and allow people to live, work, and play when, where, and how they want.
We are an exceptional team of IoT engineers, technicians, and product managers with a breadth of experience and talent in pursuit of advancing personal freedom in the RV industry and beyond. Ready to join our team?
As a valued member of the Winegard family, you have the privilege to work from home with some occasional travel to our facilities. As our Embedded Software Engineering Manager, you will be at the forefront of developing the future of tech for Winegard as an industry leader in innovation.
You will play the crucial role of mentoring, assisting, and leading teams to execute sophisticated requirements and cutting-edge implementation. You will also leverage your technical expertise to diagnose root causes, analyze complex problems, and tailor comprehensive solutions.
Ideal Candidate Must-Haves:
- An analytical mind
- A passion for technology
- An ability to problem-solve and think critically
- A perfectionist outlook with a pragmatic approach
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- An insatiable desire to always learn and improve
- Build, lead & mentor high-performing software development teams
- Develop specifications, design requirements, and architecture documents for projects based on product management requirement
- Lead the design, development, testing, debugging, and implementation of embedded software and systems
- Support the development of new systems and the maintenance of existing systems
- Collaborate cross functionally with hardware engineers, integration testers, manufacturing engineers and product support functions
- Ensure that project milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved budgets
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- 5 years’ experience as a software developer
- 1-3 years management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders and senior leadership
Skills & Proficiencies
- Connectivity: Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, LoraWAN
- AWS IoT Core: MQTT, CoAP
- Operating Systems: FreeRTOS, Embedded Linux, OpenWRT
- MCU/MPU: NXP, ST
- Software and Firmware source code in C/C++, Embedded C, and other languages
- Communication interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USB, UART, Ethernet and others
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
2 Cloud media roles with the required skills: C/C++ real-time multi-threaded SW developmentAudio/Video Streaming Media processing and delivery and multi-media frameworksConnectivity Protocols (e.g. RTP/RTCP, SIP, H.323)Cloud Services System Integration.
MayStreet is a global software company Headquartered in New York City, servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving,.
Job Description: Position 1BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related fieldExperience of developing in C++ or C (and ability to learn C++ if only C background)Experience of at least one of XML, JSON, HTMLExperience with Design Patterns,.
About the positionYou will be responsible for the firmware of our custom PCBA board, which is one of the most critical component of our robot. You will be closely working with electrical engineers and software engineers, to design, prototype, develop,.
We’re looking for a person to solve our immediate issue of an XPC connection being invalidated in certain edge cases.You must be an expert in Objective-C and have a decent knowledge of Swift, but above else you must have done IPC over XPC project before.