Join Impinj and help us realize our vision of boundless IoT—trillions of things connected to the Internet. We’re inventing ways to bring all things online—including apparel, automobile parts, medical supplies, and luggage. With over 50 billion items connected to date, our platform has been used around the world. Together with our partners and customers, we solve for a better understanding of our world and how things move through it. If it’s a thing, we’re working to connect it.
We're seeking a senior level software engineer to join our growing team, building the next generation RAIN RFID platform for a diverse set of applications, from healthcare to logistics to retail. We have fantastic challenges ahead of us: efficient stream processing of large volumes of data; sophisticated algorithms to process and extract insight from raw RFID data; and building a software stack that scales from one reader to a global deployment of readers. And we do all this while collaborating with engineers across the stack, from tagged items to the cloud, to deliver phenomenal integrated solutions to our customers.
Senior engineers at Impinj are software authorities in a positive and exciting environment. They work as part of a team and take our hardest challenges and implement innovative, effective solutions.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years of industry-related experience OR MS + 8 years
- Proficiency in C/C++ and object-oriented design
- Experience delivering high-quality, tested code across multiple release cycles
It will be phenomenal if you have the following:
- Experience developing embedded Linux solutions
- Experience with either MQTT, Kafka, AMQP, ZeroMQ or other related network technologies
- An eye for building modular designs with good test coverage
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
What you'll do every single day:
- You will participate in small, but connected Agile development teams
- Craft software and solutions that run on our reader and gateway products to tackle real-world problems in retail, logistics, healthcare, and other industries.
- Bring next-generation IoT-integration to our reader products
Know you’re making a difference. Competitive benefits. Support for remote work or a desk with a view. Weekly Q&A sessions with our executive team. Impinj provides an environment that cultivates openness and innovation and is developing technology that delivers a positive impact on the world. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated. We have an open paid time-off policy paired with a respect for work/life balance. Our headquarters is located in Seattle with spectacular views of the Olympics, Lake Union, and Mt Baker, which can be enjoyed from our rooftop deck. Impinj is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: