Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo's Compute Team is tasked with a critical and exciting mission: We deliver the compute platform responsible for running the fully autonomous vehicle’s software stack. To achieve our mission, we architect and create high-performance custom silicon; we develop system-level compute architectures that push the boundaries of performance, power, and latency; and we collaborate closely with many other teammates to ensure we design and optimize hardware and software for maximum performance. We are a multidisciplinary team seeking curious and talented teammates to work on one of the world’s highest performance automotive compute platforms.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
- Collaborate with engineers from different teams, such as behavior or perception, to analyze and characterize our compute workload
- Use this understanding of our workload to improve the performance of our systems on onboard hardware.
- Experience programming in C++
- Pursuing a BS/BA in computer science or related field
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience analyzing and understanding a real-time system
- Knowledge of computer architecture on a diverse set of hardware such as CPUs, GPUs, DSPs, Neural network accelerators etc
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is on site)
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
Note: As the situation around COVID-19 remains unclear, unless otherwise stated this is going to be a remote internship position. We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, you will need to apply to each one individually - please apply to the top 3 roles you are interested in.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: