Systems Engineer (C/C++)
The Systems Engineer position will help write, debug, support and invent software that runs the Circonus stack for SaaS and on-premise customers. We write software mostly in C and C++.
About the Job
- Work in the office or remotely, or both
- Write software in C/C++ and standard build systems (and some other scripting languages)
- Understand already, or eager to learn Lua
- Python and Graphite background are a plus
- Write multi-threaded, event driven code, often lock-free
- Contribute to the design and scaling of components in the Circonus stack
- Assist in supporting both the internal development and external use of Circonus software
- Contribute with minimal direction from your boss / be a self starter, learner
- You will work with many other human beings on your team and throughout the organization; well practiced human decency and empathy are required
- Humans are the ultimate consumer of the software you write, they must be considered in everything you do
- Write production quality code in multi-threaded and event-driven C and supporting languages
- Interoperate smoothly with an agile team using version control, CI and testing for safety
- Solid debugging skills both live and post-mortem
- Perform code reviews
Circonus is a software company that is changing the way the world monitors both IT infrastructure and the business it powers. Our SaaS and on-premise solutions enable companies to combine monitoring, alerting, event processing, and predictive analytics into a unified solution. Visualize any data, in any application, from any system, in real-time. Circonus scales from a single team to a worldwide organization that tracks thousands of devices analyzing millions of metrics. API driven automation empowers developers and makes operational teams incredibly efficient, while analytics drive insights that improve organization wide performance.
We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from (a) delivering an industry-leading offering and (b) an obsession with customer satisfaction.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others.
All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, health insurance, gym reimbursement, a generous 401k, the opportunity for a bonus and more.
Circonus, Inc. prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- What are your salary expectations for a full-time role?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- C/C++: 4 years (Required)
- multi-threaded programming: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: