Kitware's Medical Computing team solves complex healthcare challenges through customized software solutions. The team provides research, development, and technology integration services to research centers, universities and companies in the medical and biomedical sectors. By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic multidisciplinary work environment with exceptionally talented computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers and biomedical engineers.
About the projects:
We build powerful software solutions using our well-established open source platforms including VTK, ITK, 3D Slicer, Pulse, iMSTK, CMake and ParaView. Our commercial projects involve generating solutions for medical device companies from ultrasound and preclinical imaging companies, to surgery device companies. Our research projects involve collaborations with top research institutions, including Harvard Medical School, MIT, the University of Utah, Cleveland Clinic, Duke University and others and build on our open source platforms.
In This Position You Will:
- Collaborate with others to design, develop, and improve medical image analysis, visualization and simulation software across a wide range of computing environments including but not limited to Windows and Unix/OS X
- Contribute software for our research and commercial collaborations.
- Have the opportunity and be expected to learn new programming languages and contribute code to large already existing software codebases
- Highly proficient in C++ programming
- B.S. or advanced degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated software development expertise (e.g., active github account, successful school project, or documented open-source contributions)
- Enthusiasm for programming, learning, problem solving, and tracking technology trends
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Revision control system experience (we use git)
- Experience with GUI design, human-computer interaction, look and feel strategies, and user experience improvement.
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience in mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Experience in medical image analysis and visualization
- Experience with open-source toolkits and applications for medical image analysis and visualizations such as ITK, VTK, and 3D Slicer.
- Familiarity with 3D rendering APIs (OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, etc.)
- Familiarity with high-quality software practices (test-driven development, documentation, software review processes, and cross-platform support).
Kitware collaborates with customers to solve the world’s most complex scientific challenges through customized software solutions. Kitware delivers innovation by focusing on advanced technical computing, state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, and full-spectrum software solutions. Since its founding in 1998, Kitware has developed a reputation for deep customer understanding and technical expertise, honest interactions, and open innovation. We are proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. For additional information, please visit kitware.com. You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Kitware is proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting