Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking highly skilled researchers to develop image analysis and machine learning algorithms using open source libraries such as VTK, ITK and 3D Slicer. Kitware collaborates on basic and applied research and development projects that span all forms of medical image analysis and visualization. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, and many others. Our efforts build upon our extensive software libraries as well as our expertise in a variety of synergistic disciplines including machine learning, pattern recognition, medical image analysis, visualization, informatics, and computer vision.
In this position you will
- Develop advanced image analysis and machine learning algorithms, that will be deployed as part of software applications for medicine that are used by people and customers, every day, around the world.
- Extend the capabilities of VTK, ITK and 3D Slicer to meet the needs of academic and commercial users as they investigate new medical procedures and imaging systems, release innovative products, and improve all aspects of patient care.
- Collaborate with world-class coworkers and external collaborators on dynamic, fast-paced projects.
- Receive support, resources and encouragement to seek funding to grow and develop your own projects and research areas.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field with emphasis in medical image analysis and machine learning.
- Highly innovative and demonstrated track record for solving difficult technical challenges using medical image analysis algorithms.
- Strong foundations in Algorithms, Data Structures, Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Optimization, Probability, and/or Statistics.
- Strong publication record in relevant journals and conferences such as (but not limited to) TMI, MICCAI, SPIE MI, ISBI and/or IPMI.
- Familiarity with open-source toolkits and applications for medical image analysis and machine learning such as ITK, VTK, Slicer, scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras and/or PyTorch.
- Experience programming in C/C++ and Python.
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is a fast-moving and ever-changing company. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
4 d ago