Federated Wireless is a dynamic, fast-paced, cutting-edge software company that is leading the wireless industry through the shared spectrum revolution. Federated Wireless is disaggregating the wireless networks to allow for new disruptive models for fast, low-cost cloud enabled wireless connectivity solutions. We are taking advantage of the latest cloud services and implementing advanced algorithms to fully automate service creative and delivery. We are looking for leaders who want to revolutionize the way wireless networks are built. Federated Wireless is led by CEO Iyad Tarazi and a team of industry veterans who continue to build on this heritage, pioneering new territory in the commercialization of shared spectrum.
The Embedded Software Engineer is an expert in all stages of embedded software development and deployment, from the creation of hardware drivers to integration with larger systems. The candidate has extensive experience in embedded Linux systems, including real-time multithreaded sensor applications. This individual will lead the development of applications and the Linux environment for a heterogenous spectrum sensing solution, working with system, FPGA, and RF and other hardware engineers to implement and verify the solution in an integrated software defined radio platform.
Lead embedded product studies and perform analysis to meet requirements
Write design specifications
Lead embedded software design, test development, verification and debug
Conduct lab and field testing to optimize design and verify performance of firmware
Interface with other design teams to resolve design, implementation, and deployment issues
Stay current with latest embedded software technologies, development environments, tools, process and best practices
Assist with reviews of all embedded development projects
Assess technologies & products to recommend vendors & partners
Measure compliance against standards, where relevant.
- 10-15 years comprehensive experience in embedded software development
- Extensive experience in the creation of embedded applications, hardware drivers and Board Support Packages (BSPs)
- Strong skills with debug tools and techniques for embedded real-time multi-threaded applications
- Experience creating and targeting embedded Linux systems (including U-Boot)
- Experience with cross-compiler tool chains and bare board bring-up
- Fluent in C/C++, Java, Python and embedded Linux
- Experience developing for custom hardware platforms and FPGAs
- Familiarity with hardware interfaces, such as PCIe, I2C, SPI, DDR3, DMA controllers, etc.
- Additional consideration given to candidates with the following skills:
- Creation of monitoring and control systems for deployed embedded devices
- Digital Signal Processing methods and applications
- Ability to read and understand hardware schematics
- Internet of Things (IOT) and cloud development
- Minimum BSEE. MSEE preferred.
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us and check us out here!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
3 d ago