What you will do:
- Develop middleware based on C/C++. Customize Yocto and Buildroot distributions.
- Perform driver and middleware development on a variety of embedded hardware platforms.
- Write device drivers for bootloaders and the Linux kernel.
- Develop or customize board support packages (BSP) for our clients' hardware to provide additional functionality, such as software updates, enhanced security, and optimization.
- Actively participate in low-level software architectural discussions.
- Keep schedules, project requirements, specifications, and deliverables through cross-collaboration with Witekio’s team members and its clients.
- Participate in project validation, estimation, and project sizing. Understanding project limitations and helping ensure expectations meet what is achievable.
- Mentor and share skills with peers.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Yocto expertise is a must have.
- Embedded software development experience in C/C++.
- Proficiency with Linux kernel and middleware development on ARM architecture.
- Experience with embedded design, development and debugging.
- Excellent client management skills.
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, and five years of experience as an Embedded Software Engineer or related positions.
- Knowledge of buildroot.
- Ability to work remotely and communicate effectively with team members and clients.
WITEKIO, an Avnet company is an expert in embedded software, with over 100 engineers based around the world including teams in the United States, U.K., Germany, and France. As a world-class leader in IoT and embedded software, our goal is to bring a global software system vision to innovative devices.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and 50% for dependents
- Very generous time off and paid Holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% company match
- A parental leave
- Employee referral bonus
- Exchange program with the availability to work in any of our European offices
Technical assessment is required as a first step in the screening process.
Location: USA remote
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
WITEKIO is an expert in embedded software, with over 100 engineers based around the world including teams in the United States, U.K., Germany, and France. We integrate the various software layers of intelligent systems, from Hardware to the Cloud. We work in a start-up like environment toward shared goals and use an innovative approach to deliver value and stability to our customers.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: