We are focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. Our most widely known product is our game BeamNG.drive, which is now available on Steam in Early Access. In order to support our ongoing and future development plans, we are seeking an experienced developer with experience in porting Windows applications onto Linux and game console environments. The candidate we are looking for has a proven track record of supporting Linux applications, working independently, and being entrusted with long-term development projects. Our efforts include both working with academic and industrial partners who are using our unique physics technology for research, training, and simulation purposes, and this role also covers the responsibility of liaising with our clients to support the operation of our tech in the client hardware environment. The ideal candidate will support in the process of determining client requirements and troubleshooting will be a central element of this role. Further responsibilities are to ensure that the Linux client stays up to date with the ongoing improvements made to the Windows client as well as optimizing our technology performance on other platforms.
- Port our existing Windows technology to Linux/SteamOS/POSIX and other operating systems
- Giving support to academia and industrial partners for custom platforms, soft- and hardware
- Support the internal development team in writing cross-platform code
- Responsible for championing the wider development requirements to ensure continued support of Linux and other platforms.
- Remain up to date on technological developments
- 3+ years experience of working on projects requiring adherence to strict deliverables and timelines
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills: three years of experience in the C/C++ language
- Knowledge in porting software between Windows and POSIX systems.
- responsible for championing the wider development requirements to ensure continued support of Linux and other platforms.
- Communicate and express your ideas & thoughts to other teams and stakeholders
- Ability to think critically, understand complexities, and support day-to-day workflow
- Desire to learn, enjoy the fun challenges of a unique physics engine simulation game: like us
- Excellent communication skills in English (Oral and written)
Nice to have
- Experience with gaming console development
- Knowledge of GCC/ LLVM / cross-compiling
- Third-party TRC/TCR compliance experience
- Experience with cloud service providers
- Flexible working hours
- Language courses
- Talent development program (training budget, participation in seminars/conferences, and etc)
- Personal development program (feedback, leadership, conflict engagement, etc)
- Budget for home office
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Our recruitment process Our recruitment process starts with an introductory call with our HR team, continues with a coding challenge, a technical interview, and finally a stakeholder interview About us Our journey began in 2013 and we've continued to expand as an independent studio since then. We are a team of over 60 employees of 19 nationalities with a headquarters in Bremen, Germany, and we are always on the lookout for expert talent to join us! We consider our employees to be our most valuable assets, and all of them play a vital role in helping us establish and nurture the company's culture and values. We are a guild of innovators, artists, engineers, and designers, who appreciate and embrace the diversity of our perspectives and know-how to apply them to grow together as a community and foster a healthy work environment. Together, we are building a safe and inclusive atmosphere, with transparent processes to amplify individuality, empathy, respect, creativity, and continuous learning for all employees. Regardless of your identity or background, we would be happy to welcome your application if you feel inspired and want to become a part of our team! Skip writing lengthy cover letters and tell us more about your passion for gaming and why specifically BeamNG. To minimize bias throughout the hiring process, please submit your application in English. Do not be discouraged if you don’t meet all the criteria for a specific role, feel free to submit an unsolicited application.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care a
New Value Solutions, a national IT consulting company, is seeking a Software Engineer to help our client develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. This will involve developing and maintaining code and inte
Description & RequirementsDescriptionUKG is seeking energetic, customer-focused individuals to implement UKGPro, our award-winning HRMS/Payroll offering. As a Sr Solution Consultant, you will be part of a growing, dynamic team responsible for the high-quality, complete implem
Job DescriptionCome and join us. Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join the BXD Barefoot Switching Division in our Data Platform Group DPG as a Software Development Engineer. We are part of the Connectivity Group CG and are looking for motivated passionate and talen
Description:This position is 100% Remote!Do you desire work-life balance, high earning potential and to belong to a world class working culture? Are you passionate, results driven and want to work in an environment where integrity is of the utmost importance? If this peaks your i