Join Impinj and help us realize our vision of boundless IoT—trillions of things connected to the Internet. We’re inventing ways to bring all things online—including apparel, automobile parts, medical supplies, and luggage. With over 50 billion things connected to date, our platform has been used around the world. Together with our partners and customers, we solve for a better understanding of our world and how things move through it. If it’s a thing, we’re working to connect it.
The Senior Product Applications engineer will demonstrate their technical domain expertise and adept communication skills to enable the technical success of our partners and customers developing IoT solutions based on Impinj RAIN RFID reader and firmware products. The role will define and deliver training programs, technical documentation, competitive insights, partner toolkits, technical demonstrations, and development support. This is an outstanding opportunity to play a meaningful role in empowering industry-leading customers and partners in the rapidly growing IoT space.
What you’ll do:
- Be the product technical domain specialist for our global partners and field sales
- Represent new customer requirements back to product management and engineering teams
- Inform partners and field sales on new product features, capabilities, and applied best practices
- Generate and maintain technical documents, product application notes, videos, and sample code
- Identify and document applied knowledge of products and benchmark against competition
- Build technology demonstrations or proof of concepts that showcase our capabilities
- Present technology demonstrations and training onsite with partners and at industry tradeshows
- Work closely with sales, product management, and partners to support sales opportunities
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation abilities, to effectively represent Impinj and our platform to technical audiences, both internal and external
- Relevant understanding of and industry experience in distributed computing, IOT/ Cloud computing, wireless communications infrastructure, or embedded sensor systems
- Knowledge of RF principles associated with link budgets, antenna propagation, and characteristics of unlicensed spectrums
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to understand requirements and translate these into technical solutions
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science with 1 year of experience; advanced degree, including a master's in computer science or engineering is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 30%, including some international travel
Why work at Impinj:
Know you’re making a difference. Competitive benefits. Support for remote work or a desk with a view. Weekly Q&A sessions with our executive team. Impinj provides an environment that fosters openness and innovation and is developing technology that delivers a positive impact on the world. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated. We have an open paid-time-off policy paired with a respect for work/life balance. Our headquarters is located in Seattle with spectacular views of the Olympics, Lake Union, and Mt Baker, which can be enjoyed from our rooftop deck. Impinj is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: