Senior Software Engineer
Monday, June 7, 2021
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
Contribute to our Digital Transformation journey at AvidXchange. We are growing our Engineering talent as we lean into our Next Gen Transformation. This role is for a Senior Software Engineer building out Platform Capabilities and Customer Experiences. This job requires a customer value mindset, high degree of curiosity and motivation with a learning mindset and a passion for building scalable enterprise applications in Azure.
- Mastery of the C# language and .net tech stack and/or related tech stack. (we use .net/C#).
- Mastery of problem solving within a lead agile environment, debugging and optimizing code bases to ensure optimum performance, security awareness, focus on tech debt reduction.
- Owns key areas of the code base in accordance with technical best practices and guidelines.
- Responsible for the awareness and integration of standard platform capabilities and other cross cutting technical capabilities to support the platform health and scalability.
- Lead code reviews and design reviews.
- Knowledgeable of common patterns and anti-patterns.
- Ownership and awareness of performance and code security issues.
- Collaboration and contribution to Platform Engineering ensuring we build a frictionless platform positively impacting our Acceleration Metrics (below).
- Align output with key acceleration metrics: Change Failure Rate, Delivery Lead Time, Deployment Frequency, Mean time to recover.
- Cross functional collaboration with Product Owners, Architects, Platform Engineering & Quality to ensure 100% team alignment and outstanding Customer Value.
- Acute awareness and tracking of the Dependencies inherent in a distributed environment.
- Mentors Junior Developers.
- Contribute to building well-groomed backlogs, architecture design sessions, platform engineering and tech ops strategies.
Education, Skills, and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree and ideally 5+ years of enterprise software development experience preferably in C#/.NET, although strong engineers with similar language skills considered.
- Mindset of API first, Automation, Performance, Iterative development/fail fast
- High desire to learn and work in a co construction with way of working to learn and grow – 10% of Engineer’s time focused on Next Gen learning.
- Driven by Customer Value & passion for building next gen software.
- Software scalability mindset.
- Passion to learn and excel in a Digital Transformation.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family
- Job Function
Software Development Engineering
- Pay Type
- Employment Indicator
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: