BoomTown is looking for a Software Engineer who has a passion for all aspects of software development. As a developer on the team, you provide the web services, user interface, messaging systems, data stores, and other systems our teams need as part of a project. You’ll be charged with continuously enhancing and reinventing tools for BoomTown’s platform.
We are looking for people that like to collaborate and want to be involved in shaping all aspects of the product as they grow. This is an amazing opportunity to grow your career in development!
This position has the opportunity for remote work (or in-office in our Charleston HQ if preferred), however, you must reside in one of the following states to be considered: AL, FL, GA, KY, MN, TX, SC, VA, NC, or WI.
- Work closely within a cross-functional Agile development team to build and improve products and features for BoomTown’s software platform
- Be responsible for the lifecycle of products: from technical designs, to implementation, testing, documentation, delivery, and maintenance
- Quickly learn and understand BoomTown products to adequately implement and test new features
- Expand test coverage through unit and automated tests
- Stays abreast of advancements, trends and future directions of the industry in the area of responsibility.
- Within 1 month:
- Introduce yourself and begin working with your team
- Familiarize yourself with the BoomTown Agile process, products, and code base
- Contribute bug fixes, feature work, and unit tests with the support of your team
- Within 3 months:
- Regularly participate in Agile ceremonies, PR reviews, and code reviews
- Collaborate with team members on sprint tasks, including documentation, coding, testing, and deployment
- Participate in feature releases with team support
- Within 6 months:
- Full ownership of tickets including documentation, coding, testing, and deployment
- Contributing towards completion of semi-annual department goals
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience/training
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- A deep understanding of at least one modern object-oriented programming language
- Strong understanding of database concepts
- Experience with C#
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with web technologies in a professional environment
- Experience with test methodologies, building test plans, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Experience with cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of functional programming concepts
What is BoomTown?
BoomTown is a software platform designed to help real estate professionals generate leads, manage contacts, and run their business better. Over 40,000 of the industry’s best use our products to close more deals. Their success is trademarked with growth. It’s why the Real Trends Thousand is dominated by BoomTown clients. We bring the technology and experts to turn opportunities into closings.
With our product suite, you get access to world-class lead generation, consumer-websites, CRM technology, and a powerful mobile app. Together, they create a seamless experience so you can attract, convert, and win new clients easily.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a 401k retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare, discretionary PTO after a year, and a quarterly wellness reimbursement towards health and fitness.
BoomTown is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting