Avalara aspires to be world’s leader in providing end to end compliance solutions for SMBs and Enterprises.
You, as an Architect at Avalara will be part of a dedicated architecture team leading and driving technology standards across the company in collaboration with various groups like Product Engineering / Security / Operations and IT. From being an active member of our Architectural Review Board to building new and exploratory proof of concept projects, your opportunity to make an impact will be huge. If you like a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to help shape a company’s engineering culture, quality of deliverables, influencing teams to build robust/extensible architecture, as well as development standards and processes, this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. You will be part of a team that will drive, strategize and provide a path for various engineering teams to help them change the engine while in-flight balancing realities and idealism.
To give you a realistic idea, here are a few problems that you will end up working on…
- Streamline and provide a delightful customer experience for users of our APIs by - reducing cognitive load for developers to build and release APIs, increasing consistency across APIs built and delivered by various teams, being predictable with releases and quality of the same, and more… The work in front of us here is leveraging the expertise and experience across various groups in the company, align, standardize, and come up with a path for a streamlined API experience for end users.
- Strategizing, influencing, and planning out a path for the various products in Avalara to be globally distributed and available.
- Constantly improving the quality of our products by coming up with and implementing new initiatives and improving our current daily work
- and many more…
You would be expected to…
- Drive architecture, design, and facilitate development of top priority initiatives in the company
- Be an active member of Avalara's Architecture Review Board
- Drive alignment and efficiency across Avalara Engineering & Product
- Help grow and strengthen Avalara’s business by improving its technology, processes, and people
- Shape the engineering culture of the organization in collaboration with various engineering teams
- Assist with and be an active member of our patent and IP development process
- Mentor engineers across the org and other team members, share your skills and expertise, encourage creativity and innovation
You are expected to possess…
- Minimum of a 4 year technical degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive initiatives across organizational boundaries aimed at breaking through organizational inertia
- First hand experience in leading engineering teams in the past
- Deep empathy towards running a business, executing software projects, and the spectrum of problems in between to ensure your solutions and suggestions are pragmatic and adopted
- Extensive and proven experience working in cloud-based environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), its tools and technologies
- Broad knowledge of technologies and trends in software engineering, tax industry would be a bonus
- Having shipped customer facing software in at least 2 core languages such as C#, Java, NodeJS, Golang and more
- Strong knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of Computer Science concepts
- Experience and knowledge in data modeling, database design, and building applications and services at scale via service-oriented architectures, microservices and industry best practices
- Thirst to challenge the status-quo and have the aptitude and hunger to change it
You will be part of a team consisting of …
- People who have worked in small, medium, and large sized companies
- People across the globe with different backgrounds and from different cultures
- People who are opinionated and passionate about how things should be done, but are willing to be proven wrong when presented with backing facts
- People who believe in the essence of continuous improvement
- People who are eager to learn and grow
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Dynamic Planner is growingWe have fantastic opportunity to join our expanding team within the growing FinTech space! Dynamic Planner has a people focused culture with a strong purpose, we offer investment in your personal development and growth and empower you to make a difference! We really believe Dynamic Planner is a great place to workRemote detailsUp to 100% remote within the United Kingdom..
Dynamic Planner is growingWe have fantastic opportunity to join our expanding team within the growing FinTech space! Dynamic Planner has a people focused.
DESCRIPTION:As a global IT company passionate about delivering excellence to our clients, Authority Partners is looking for amazing and talented Back end Engineers with experience in building beautiful and clean code using C#. We are looking for an experienced developer with a "no task too big or too small" mentality who takes the initiative, communicates effectively, and is in it to win for the company.
DESCRIPTION:As a global IT company passionate about delivering excellence to our clients, Authority Partners is looking for amazing and talented Back.
SummaryDriven Data is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. As a Senior Software Engineer at Drive Data, you will be challenged to stretch your expertise in new ways.If you have ever wanted to be a part of a GREENFIELD development project - this is it!You’ll develop solutions to drive transformative automotive marketing by using cloud-native technologies and architecture.
SummaryDriven Data is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. As a Senior Software Engineer at Drive Data, you will be.
Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies.
Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees.
More jobs by this company
The Senior Software Development Engineer's role is to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Senior Software Development Engineer adheres to architecture standards and follows best practice development standards. The Senior Software Development.
The Senior Software Development Engineer's role is to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring,.