A typical day might include:
- Working with the Octopus Cloud team on projects that will either improve reliability or introduce new features to the Octopus Cloud platform.
- Work closely with other teams to collaborate on changes to Octopus Server.
- Participate in knowledge sharing to break down silos.
- Meetings and pairing sessions which drive your work forwards.
- Problem-solving when collaborating to investigate an incident
You’ll be great for this if:
- You have deep knowledge of Kubernetes and Azure
- You have a strong background in Windows and Linux system administration
- You are experienced in Virtual Networks, Subnets, Load Balancing, and Autoscaling
- You understand distributed systems
- You are experienced in Incident Management
- Coding experience required - C# and/or TypeScript (or equivalent language)
- Octopus Deploy experience a bonus
You’ll love this role if:
- You are passionate about working with smart people and providing a high-level of service to our customers.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment is your bread and butter.
- You automate everything because you understand the importance of repeatability and reducing the time to complete complex tasks.
- Containers are your jam. You containerize all the things!
- Not afraid to sink your teeth into and solve complex problems.
- You want to help others grow by sharing your knowledge of systems engineering.
- Our customers entrust us with one of their most important systems which is why we provide 24/7 support for Octopus Cloud.
- At the moment we have 7 engineers in the 24/7 On-Call rotation.
- This means each of us is on-call once every 7 weeks (or ~7 times a year).
- Each shift is 1 week long. This sounds scary, doesn’t it? In reality it’s not.
- We average ~2 incidents a week outside of business hours and none of them are major
- You will get trained before you join the rotation
- You will always have the ability to reach out to the rest of us if you need help
- You will support the system you build, not something you’ve never seen before
- We value our sleep so Production incidents are fixed in a way that prevents them from reoccurring
- You will be able to ask to swap shifts with other team members This additional responsibility attracts extra compensation.
- You will get paid AUD $400 for each shift.
- You will also get paid AUD $200 for each callout outside of business hours, capped to a maximum of 5 callouts per shift.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you. Please include a cover letter outlining what you can bring to the role and how Octopus would be a good fit for you.
We are looking for people who live and work in Australia and New Zealand to join our remote-first team. We are currently unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Zachary Piper Solutions is seeking a skilled C# Programmer with a passion for modern programming languages and keeping on top of the latest development trends. You’ll help engineer tools to modernization outdated paper-based process into digital that directly impact nationw
Murphy Research is a full-service custom market research firm known for our innovative research design and consultative approach. We produce groundbreaking qualitative and quantitative research through our focus on creative design, rigorous execution, and enduring insights. Our t
Description:We are Addition Financial, a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative, offering comprehensive financial solutions that help members achieve their financial goals. Shareholder profits don't drive us and never have. Since 1937, we've been on a mission to bring
Description: The primary focus of this role is to create and maintain existing software programs at Compass Mortgage. The Junior Developer will be expected to work with each department at Compass to identify the requirements of a needed program or solution before developing them.
REMOTEENGINEERINGJR1919FULL TIMEBUILDING THE POSSIBILITIES.As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams where you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts. You’ll be a creative contributor to our
More jobs by this company
$60-90,000 plus superOctopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production. If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, a