GovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T),Health Environment and Logistics Management (HELM) Product Line is to provide benefits and services to Veterans of the United States. In meeting these goals, OI&T strives to provide high quality, effective, and efficient Information Technology (IT) services to those responsible for providing care to the Veterans at the point-of-care, as well as throughout all touch points of the Veterans' health care in an effective, timely and compassionate manner. VA relies on Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) systems to meet mission goals. VA OI&T HELM delivers world-class, Veteran-centric capabilities that provide secure, seamless delivery of services to Veterans and their families. The HELM portfolio consists of a variety of products, programs, and projects that deliver Veteran-centric technology solutions that are available, adaptable, secure, and cost-effective.
Project Manager Role
The Project Manager (PjM) leads the Supply Chain Graphical User Interface (SC GUI) program through project planning, monitoring, execution, and reporting activities. The SC GUI PjM interacts with Business Sponsors, Agile Project Team (APT), and Program Stakeholders in support of the program leadership team and VA Executive leadership to determine vision, scope, schedule, and budget. The SC GUI PjM coordinates development of enterprise services and integration of those services across multiple projects, ensures adherence to processes and procedures, reviews contractor deliverables, supports development of acquisition packages, monitors progress toward milestones, and tracks workstream status and issues and reports them to SC GUI Program Leadership as needed.
The successful candidate will have a combination of IT project experience, both large and small, and must be well-versed in the full systems development life cycle, Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) integration, Agile methodologies, business process reengineering, Risk Management, Testing, and Release Management and Schedule Management practices.
The PjM is responsible for the following core activities:
- Supporting SC GUI programs goals, resource planning, monitoring, and reporting progress, providing oversite of contractors, providing complete oversight of program milestones to ensure the contractor team is meeting those goals, and monitoring risks to the SC GUI program.
- Sharing pertinent information with the SC GUI team and other stakeholders as required.
- Liaising with the Document Storage System (DSS) Team, Veteran Integrated Service Networks (VISN) Representatives, team technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM), Medical Logistics (MEDLOG) and any other internal or external stakeholders as required.
- Working with leads to create strategies to improve ongoing activities as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing the customer relationship and providing technical direction and leadership.
- Managing all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects, providing a single point of contact for those projects.
- Identifying and mitigating risks to the program.
- Specifying systems requirements and ensuring that completed systems meet requirements.
- Managing to cost, schedule, and performance for the engineering workstream.
- Defining and implementing project metrics for scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Effectively leading technical professionals and a cross-functional team.
- Ensuring execution of quality deliverables within established schedules.
- Collaborating with teams across the customer organization to improve processes, results, and customer experience.
- Ensuring the organization and processes remain aligned with customer policies and external directives.
The successful candidate shall have the following traits:
- Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively and accurately transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. Ability to effectively write/technical writing. Ability to translate technical approaches and methodologies into lay terms.
- Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
- Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters. Ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- PMBOK Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of, and the ability to utilize, a variety of project management skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
- Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems. Ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Required Skills and Experience
Education/Other Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline is required with a minimum of ten years of experience including IT project management experience. An additional eight years of related experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Conversant in project management tools such as JIRA, MS Project, SharePoint, and capacity models.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to pass background investigation.
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience preferred.
COVID Policy: New employees will be required to adhere to the Company's and its clients' COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client's COVID-19 requirements.
GovCIO is a team of professionals who want to make a difference. And that can only happen with a diverse, happy, and cared-for team. So, we prioritize your well-being, equity for all and look for ways to make work a better place for each of us every day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are a leading Pool company that invests in our team and offers real opportunities for career growth. This writing position works a part-time schedule and earns a competitive salary of $45,000-$71,000/year, depending on experience. We provide our marketing.
Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is seeking a Junior Developer to join its Wolfram|Alpha Scientific Content department.ResponsibilitiesWorking as part of the Wolfram|Alpha Localization team to develop, maintain.
Position Overview:Seen as the resident subject matter expert of Avature, this role is highly influential in our global Talent Acquisition team’s use of Avature as our Applicant Tracking System. This role ensures optimal, compliant design and use of Avature,.
Position Title: IT AnalystLocation: RemoteClearance Requirements: NonePosition Status: Contract to HirePosition Description: Our client is looking for IT Analyst candidates for a position located remote.Required Education: Required Skills: To compile,.
More jobs by this company
GovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each.
Company OverviewGovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations.
Company OverviewGovCIO is a team of transformers—people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental.