Technical Writer and eLearning Developer - Healthcare
Medsphere positively impacts patient care by delivering award-winning healthcare IT solutions and software for providers of every size and budget.
We are an accomplished organization of committed clinical and technology professionals working to make quality healthcare IT solutions accessible to organizations of virtually any size, shape or budget. Our CareVue EHR provides comprehensive clinical support in acute care and inpatient behavioral health settings, enabling better patient care and lower costs for community hospitals, inpatient behavioral health facilities and physician practices.
The technical writer/eLearning developer helps our customers achieve rapid and successful implementation of and post-live support with our various healthcare applications by generating effective user-facing documentation and engaging eLearning modules. The technical writer/eLearning developer should strive to elevate documentation so that it is more than just a depiction of what’s on the screen but also incorporates best practices, examples, and other value-enhancing information to promote customer and end-user adoption.
As a Technical Writer at Medsphere, you’ll get to:
- Proactively pursue an in-depth understanding of our user personas in order to create easy-to-use, digital documentation (i.e., online help) and training materials that have a meaningful and measurable impact.
- Work closely with members of the product team to develop in-depth knowledge of in-progress development so that quality documentation and training resources are available with its corresponding product release.
- Design, build, and maintain flexible and modular digital documentation and eLearning courses for incorporation into the user’s role-specific training experience.
- Ensure effective and rapid transfer of skills for our customer’s new hires by making automated, self-paced, interactive training that incorporates real system usage and relevant scenarios.
- Pursue new and effective methods for delivering online documentation and eLearning courses.
- Focus on simplifying our customer’s journey with our applications, recognizing the various stages of end-user documentation needs from adoption by the new user, to supportive, real-time reference at the point of need, to the technical or administrative user’s needs for information regarding updated or new functionality.
- Provide meaningful and effective feedback and editing for other documentation and eLearning developers.
- Develop effective instructional aids such as knowledge articles, sample content assets, diagrams, and videos.
- Measure customer feedback and content engagement in order to improve documentation and training services.
- Work closely with development and quality assurance to understand new functionality and bug fixes to facilitate clear and professionally written release notes for complex applications and their configurations.
- You are uniquely passionate about how technical documentation and eLearning can accelerate successful technology adoption.
- You have at least 3 years work experience in a similar environment.
- You possess superb writing skills and a great sense for style.
- You have demonstrated experience deploying effective learning methods.
- You enjoy being very hands-on with technology.
- You have experience with e-learning systems and developing the course content they deliver.
- You possess a high level of professionalism.
Other things we’d love to see:
- Prior experience with MadCap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp, or other HTML online help authoring too(s.
- Prior experience with Oracle User Productivity Kit, Ancile uPerform, or other eLearning authoring tools.
- Prior experience in healthcare.
- Basic knowledge of HTML or XML.
Perks and Benefits:
- Flexible time off plan
- Great working environment
- Flexible work hours
- Health, vision, dental, 401k, and all the other necessary benefits
Medsphere is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: