Designs and develops ILT and WBT instructional material for automotive service technical training courses including course design documents, objectives, scripts, storyboards, instructor guides, student guides, PowerPoint presentations and knowledge assessments. Demonstrates and utilizes effective time management, course development, and technical writing and vehicle diagnostic skills. Able to independently conduct research and develop entry and advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences. Must possess an in-depth knowledge of current automotive systems and repair procedures (powertrain and electrical systems focused). Utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools. Act as liaison between Product Engineering and Service Engineering in determining objectives of the course and appropriate method of delivery. Develop Curriculum for training based on specific automotive products.
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical Writing, Teaching/Training, multimedia, curriculum and course development, ability to work independently or on a team.
- Automotive technical background, with experience in the field working on modern automobiles. (Current or prior ASE certs a plus)
- Automotive diagnostic experience and knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn new automotive technology
- Web based training development for On Line Training courses or Instructor Led Training course development experience
- Familiar with project management tools
- Multimedia authoring tools a plus, particularly Articulate Storyline 3 and /or 360
- Windows Outlook/Word/Visio/Excel/Adobe tools
- Physical Requirements: Occasional travel outside of the Detroit Metro area. Job requires light lifting, bending, and sitting for extended periods of time. Must also use automotive hand tools and vehicle lifting devices to disassemble and reassemble vehicle components for research and photography.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- More than 1 year
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: