- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, or an arts or language field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Writing
- Need to come from enterprise environments
- Experience working with application teams/developers
- Experience around business controls, auditing, compliance
Most ideal candidate has experience with ASCA compliance!
- Experience with Google Suite for Business is a plus.
Our client is currently seeking technical writers to assist the IT team in developing and publishing artifacts that document business processes, system processes and controls, and more. In this role, we are seeking individuals who are passionate about communication and document creation. Prior knowledge of and experience with compliance and controls documentation in a technology or enterprise application environment is a plus.
We are seeking people with prior experience with business process documentation, which includes any and all documents that go to support a process. That might mean policies, checklists, tutorials, screenshots, process maps, training materials, forms or even links to other applications.
We are also seeking those with experience documenting system processes, specifically documents that describe the requirements, capabilities, limitations, design, operation, and maintenance of a system, such as a communication, computing, or information processing systems especially pertaining to compliance or audit activities.
In this role, we expect a qualified individual to be able to:
- Determine the needs of end users for the technical documentation required (where the end users are internal to Red Hat or IBM)
- Work with technical staff to make processes easier to use, understand, and thus need fewer instructions
- Engage and collaborate with customer feedback programs to address content gaps, respond to direct customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Lead the organization, drafting, and delivery of any supporting technical documents
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals, process documentation, and test evidence or samples
- Master the use of our internal documentation toolchain, including the publishing platform and issue-tracking tools
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from internal staff, end users, and IT counterparts
- Revise documents as new issues or requests arise or feedback is received from IBM
- Help provide documents that may train other employees
- Assist in managing the flow of information among project workgroups during development and testing
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $48.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Business Controls/Compliance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Technical Writing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Tech Writing for Applications: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: