If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Current WGU employees must submit their internal application before 5/18/2021 to be considered for this position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Establishes clear performance expectations for, and with input from, assigned solutions specialists.
- Leads, designs and manages all phases of assigned projects and pilots (i.e., initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing)
- Contributes to the delivery of change incubation, anticipating organizational needs and developing implementation plans
- Creates stratified and strategic communication and implementation plans by collaborating across departments to implement new technology and business processes
- Displays an ability to successfully influence without authority to drive change
- Expected to think and act in the wider context and interests of the WGU Student Experience Practice
- Creative, innovative, analytically minded individual
- Collaborates and advocates for and with stakeholders
- Keeps stakeholders and departmental leadership informed of project/pilot statuses, including, but not limited to, milestone achievements, toll gate progress, risks, and any issues that may adversely affect project schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Exhibits deep analytical knowledge of interpreting multifaceted problems and complex data to meet business goals and objectives.
- Keeps project management records and systems accurate and up to date
- Produces timely and accurate reports as directed
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills while working in collaborative matrix organization
- Develops realistic pilot plans and schedules by analyzing organizational process assets, enterprise environmental factors, task dependencies, resource requirements, work breakdown, and departmental strategy and priorities
- Ensures pilots meet organizational standards and are managed in accordance with applicable policies, processes, and procedures
- Documents pilot deliverables, outputs, and notes that capture why key project decisions were made
- Understands departmental strategic priorities and influences the actions and work efforts of team members in line those priorities to develop or refine project management procedures and processes for the purpose of improving efficiency
- Creates a collaboration between the quality assurance team and training team in support of pilots
- Ensures that the ‘voice of the student’ is forefront in the delivery of all solutions. Coordinates and seeks feedback from students, alumni, WGU Mentors, and WGU Faculty/Staff regarding the quality of the experience.
- Constantly challenge the status quo of the student and staff experience. From a holistic perspective, relentlessly remind us to push for zero dissatisfaction and to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Will play a key role in change management initiatives. The Student Experience Solutions Team is a key fact-finder and collaborator of sorts, ensuring that there is strong cross-functional and cross-departmental communication relative to solutions and changes in the student and staff experience.
- May take the lead on executing and maintaining a change management plan that the ops team designs to ensure that all needs have been considered and are orchestrated across the organization.
- Be a key contributor in the development of strategy and innovation in the student and staff experience.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Adaptability and propensity to embrace ambiguity that accompanies transformative projects.
- Strong organizational and relationship management skills with excellent verbal and written ability.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills required, including an understanding of how to interpret business and user needs and translated them into an optimized business process.
- The ability to work with system and software experts to express optimized process designs into technical requirements.
- Be a self-starter with bias for action versus extensive deliberation
- Exhibits excellent judgment with strong results orientation
- Has relentlessly high standards for process improvement (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is enthusiastic about WGU’s Mission and our students
- Maintains and builds relationships with business owners, stakeholders, team members and key vendors
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to provide verbal and written status updates to all levels of employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with dynamic deadlines
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience leading change management initiatives
- Demonstrated professional experience managing complex projects and working cross-functionally.
- Proficient in project management software tools and collaboration software
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to a broad audience across multiple departments and stakeholders with a technical writing emphasis.
- Demonstrated strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use and interpret data to make decisions, and communicate results effectively to various stakeholders
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- Proven ability to take initiative and be both innovative and flexible
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to build consensus and motivate others.
- Strong oral communications abilities.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and meet schedules for both individual and collaborative projects.
- Ability to create concise, informative reports on projects and initiatives
- Ability to clearly document and catalog information and progress on assigned projects
- Proficiency with Office 365 applications, live event tools, CRM software, Tableau or PowerBi, SmartSheet
Minimum Qualifications :
- Master's Degree or relevant experience
- 2 years professional experience in a role that required extensive Pilot/Change Management skills in a large and distributed organization (5000+ employees).
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education
Preferred Qualifications :
- At least 2 year of experience in higher education institutions, EdTech in a management and/or pilot management
- Change Management Certification
- Lean Six Sigma
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: