Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position.
Think Company is looking for a Senior Content Strategist to join our team. The ideal candidate thinks structurally about content and always has the user’s best interests at heart. They love research and basing their content strategy decisions on real needs expressed by real human beings. This person can determine the right format for the right content (text, video, photography, infographic, etc) for clients. A Senior Content Strategist can craft a step-by-step process by which that content can be re-organized, rewritten, and restructured to better suit user needs. They know that in order for this vision to succeed they must also consider the human processes by which that content will be created and maintained and can map out an approach to make that happen. And they can do it all in collaboration with researchers, designers, project managers, developers, and client stakeholders.
As this is a senior role we expect the candidate to have considerable experience engaging in the types of activities to solve for the above challenges (e.g. interviews, card sorts, content audits, content modeling, etc.) and be able to operate independently while maintaining a collaborative relationship with their team. Ideally, the candidate has also, in the course of gaining this experience, come to develop their own voice, philosophy, or approach when it comes to content strategy that can complement and grow our own.
We are not looking for experts in social media, marketing, PR, or copywriting. While these are all difficult subjects to master, they do not fully align with the challenges our clients are generally partnering with us to tackle within the digital product space.
- Work collaboratively on creative teams that include both clients and internal colleagues
- Design solutions that incorporate modern content strategy practices, with a strong emphasis on complex business systems
- Analyze content to ensure it is consistent in voice, tone, and construction
- Support or lead content discovery activities including discussions and interviews with clients, subject matter experts, and users
Create deliverables from scratch with minimal oversight, including:
- Content audits
- Content inventories
- Content models
- Content strategy and recommendation documentation
- Voice and tone definition and documentation
- Content governance guidelines
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, and other deliverables to clients
- Collaborate effectively with development teams
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Participate in and facilitate creative brainstorming sessions with clients and internal project teams
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in content strategy and experience design in general
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience working with large content repositories, collaborating with other designers and developers, and building strong client relationships
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the content strategy or experience design field
- Uncommon attention to detail with a focus on efficiency
- Track record of meaningful project work and positive professional experiences
- Strong ability to clearly communicate design ideas to team members and clients in live presentations
- Proficiency with tools and applications that support CS deliverables
- Experience working within teams that create and use well-defined visual design systems or pattern libraries
- Client services experience
- Proven ability to support broad research and discovery efforts (interviews, observation, analysis, synthesis, etc.) beyond content strategy
- An understanding of front-end development and technology
- Familiarity with designing for accessibility
- This is a remote position, but please note that candidates are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
Think Company defines and solves business problems across many industries for both start-ups and Fortune 50 organizations. Assignments range from 3–6 month projects to 12–18 month dedicated teams, sometimes with significant onsite time at our clients' locations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our Thinkers present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and back up their recommendations with evidence while exuding confidence and gaining buy-in. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. Check out our work for examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our own organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are Appfire, the largest global provider of award-winning Atlassian apps! Our portfolio of trusted product brands includes more than 100 purpose-built apps loved by thousands of teams and millions of users worldwide.Amplified by our partnership and strategic investment from pr
Date: Sep 15, 2021Location: Remote, USCompany: backofficeSyniti is an innovative, global leader in Enterprise Data Management. With smart and powerful resources like our award-winning software platform and premier consultants, Syniti helps the world’s top enterprises create
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.A bank for all of us.About the Design Team at VaroWe are a growing, ambitious, customer-obsessed group of creatives, researchers, writers, desi
We are looking for a promising Public Relations Assistant to support our PR team with various administrative tasks. Your work will be instrumental in developing and executing PR plans and strategies.The ideal candidate will be a creative PR or communications graduate, brimming wi
Company Overview:Integrated Data Services (IDS) is a leading provider of custom software products and Government financial management services. IDS was founded in 1997 in El Segundo, CA, and since that time has seen tremendous growth and success. Currently IDS has offices support
More jobs by this company
Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position.Think Company is looking for Mid-Level and Senior-Level Experience Designers with an emphasis
Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position.Think Company is always looking for Mid-Level and Senior-Level Content Strategists for either
Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position.We are looking for a design lead to join our team at Think Company.You should have experience
Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position for the time being.Think Company is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join an established design.
Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position.We are looking for a Technical Lead to join our team at Think Company.At Think Company some T