In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bolt adopted a hybrid approach to office work, allowing employees to work remotely or from our offices, once safe to do so. We have major offices in San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City, and Toronto. While this is listed as a remote role, employees are welcome to work from our offices as often as desired.
As a technical writer at Bolt, you’ll take on a cross-departmental role to partner with stakeholders across engineering, product, support, and product marketing to create internal and external documentation for all of our major user personas (Merchants, Developers, and Shoppers). You’ll also take part in shaping our processes to ensure the scalability and quality of our documentation.
This is a great fit for those who are passionate about knowledge capture and user advocacy. Your insights will help shape the experience of our users and guide them through error messaging, configuration steps, payment processes, and more. Additionally, as a member of our Customer Education team, you’ll integrate your content into our broader education ecosystem, ensuring that we communicate technical operations and requirements consistently across multiple modalities. If you enjoy working with developers and customers, love writing and organizing content, and are highly motivated to deliver a top-notch customer experience, this is the right role for you!
From day to day you'll...
- Compile release notes for Bolt plugins and Bolt Checkout.
- Write and maintain user guides, configuration guides, walkthroughs, and troubleshooting articles on our external help center.
- Write and maintain developer-focused content such as API documentation, webhook tutorials, and other important references essential to a successful integration.
- Partner with engineering, product, support, solution engineering, product marketing, and customer success to build, improve, and innovate our learning materials.
- Collaborate with other members of the Education team to conduct peer reviews and hand off documentation for eLearning materials.
- Review existing assets for accuracy and consistency of style and tone to ensure all materials align with Bolt’s brand and our documentation stays evergreen.
- Advocate for end users by providing input during the design, build, and post-launch phases for features and products.
- 3+ years of experience writing developer-focused technical documentation for an external audience
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn technical concepts
- Experience with tools like Confluence, Notion, and Jira
- Bonus: Experience with Git, Markdown, and Static Site Generators
- Bonus: Experience with JSON, TOML, YAML, and OpenApi 3.0
- Bonus: Experience in the eCommerce domain
- Bonus: Experience with shopping cart platforms such as Magento, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Retirement plans
- Wellness subsidy
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly team events
- Paid parental leave
- Awesome teammates!
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Social Media and Community Engagement CoordinatorThe Social Media and Community Engagement Coordinator will develop compelling written copy for the International Coaching Federation’s websites, social media platforms and other PR materials. This individual will also assist
Our B2C fashion brand client is seeking a Junior Copywriter to join their Marketing and Ecommerce Team. As a Junior Copywriter you will be responsible for creating engaging content for various collateral, including direct mail, social media, and advertising. You will also be resp
Advisor, Cybersecurity Engineering & Operations - DTJP Job Title: Senior Advisor, Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations Hours: Standard Location: Fully Remote Est Duration: 1 year Pay Rate: $70/HR on W2 W2 CANDIDATES A Degree in Information Technology, Information Security or.
About XWPXWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.Our team of 85+ experts
This is a full time remote position located within the US, with general hours of 9am to 5pm, EST. Occasionally business needs will dictate additional hours. Our Creative Manager leads and directs the design and production of visual and written materials and media used for web com