The ideal candidate has expertise in running and analyzing market research, and ideating and executing a content plan based on buyer-focused industry trends and challenges. While responsible for developing the agendas for key events, the Content Specialist also will work with the team to implement clear and consistent messaging across all channels, including marketing communications, brand communications and even speaker outreach and management. The Content Specialist makes strategic decisions that will have significant bottom-line impact. Throughout the production cycle, they must work closely with the content, marketing, sales and operations teams to ensure the smooth and profitable execution of each event and the highest level of customer experience onsite.
Our Content Specialist will have a passion for creating incredible experiences for our attendees and exhibitors, and knows the power of compelling storytelling. They also will have a strategic vision and ability to execute at a tactical level, helping with everything from identifying, inviting and confirming compelling speakers, project managing event campaigns and ensuring the profitability of the entire project; from setting the vision and theme of the show to the smooth running of the event.
- Produce conferences that meet the management determined timeline, budget and business goals.
- Intensive primary research to ascertain and validate conference content, identify the conference’s positioning statement, overall strategies and topics reflecting the latest trends and industry outlook.
- Develop in-depth sales, marketing and project briefs summarizing the main findings of the research for the wider conference team.
- Collaborate with the VP of Content to create conference theme and vision, and define key market trends for value proposition creation and key selling points for marketing.
- Create the conference structure, outline and write the initial conference program.
- Source, screen, invite, negotiate, confirm and manage the ongoing relations with speakers
- Run the conference onsite, networking with senior executives and developing future business.
- Work closely with marketing and sales teams to develop and aid in the execution of comprehensive cross-functional strategies, create original, engaging copy for the event brochure, website and associated marketing pieces.
- Work with industry advisors and the marketing team on audience development and community engagement, with year-round content creation, distribution and nurturing campaigns.
- Work with the senior managers on setting and achieving conference revenue goals and budgeting of direct costs.
- Create marketing copy for attendee brochures, Show Guide, Expo promos and other communications with attendees and exhibitors. Proofread all marketing materials for the show and work with designers to produce polished layouts and looks for printed materials.
- Work with the sales team to develop print and digital tools to support sales strategy.
- Collaborate with the VP of Marketing on attendee acquisition campaigns: data sourcing, segmentation, direct mail, email, e-newsletters, copywriting, telemarketing, and buyer relations support.
- Work with the marketing team on executing events’ social strategy to build community and communicate year-round with customers.
- Review weekly analysis of email and website metrics to ensure effectiveness of campaigns.
- Provide input and assist in management of show marketing budgets, as well ensuring show timeline and schedules to hit critical deliverable deadlines.
- Develop strategic partnerships with industry associations and trade publications to drive attendance and attract new buyer groups.
- Collaborate with creative agencies/consultants/internal resources to conceptualize, develop and execute annual creative campaign strategies.
- Manage and execute public relations efforts as necessary for shows, or oversee external agency/resources, including drafting press releases, pitching, press list maintenance, and management of onsite Press Center.
- Liaise with the digital team to ensure show websites meet the needs of both exhibitor sales and attendance efforts.
- Collaborate with the marketing and design team to develop and execute events’ mobile web experience and app.
- Attend other industry trade shows and conferences to uncover new opportunities for differentiation.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to write successful, effective copy across multiple channels.
- Ability to understand and unravel complex marketplaces and identify key market trends, ability to build relationships with industry leaders
- Strong organizational and project-management skills.
- Able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to successfully develop and manage budgets.
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Public and/or media relations experience
- Flexibility to travel (up to 15%).
- Technical aptitude including MS Office Suite, Google Analytics, database management, CMS and mobile apps.
Emerald is a leader in building dynamic, market-driven business-to-business platforms that integrate live events with a broad array of industry insights, digital tools, and data-focused solutions to create uniquely rich experiences. As true partners, we at Emerald strive to build our customers’ businesses by creating opportunities that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. With over 140 events each year, our teams are creators and connectors who are thoroughly immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About the Role:Article Outline Writers create outlines for topics like teacher certification tests by using SEO research to determine the best information to include in the full article. In this role, you will write an outline for the article, including headers and instructions o
Our growing team is in need of a talented and experienced copywriter to craft content for the Luxury Presence brand. The main goal of this role is to create compelling content (blogs, whitepapers, guides, etc.) to grow organic traffic on the Luxury Presence website. The ideal can
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management,
About TurvoTurvo is the first multi-enterprise collaborative platform specifically designed for the global supply chain. Turvo connects people and organizations allowing shippers, logistics providers and carriers to digitally transform their workflows with cloud-based software an
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions t