Who is American College of Education
Founded in 2005, American College of Education continues to be a leader in professional development through our online programs. The mission of ACE is to deliver high-quality, affordable, and accessible online programs grounded in evidence-based content, real-world experience and relevant application that places or students’ needs first.
ACE is a premier organization that is continually recognized for its commitment to social responsibility. In 2016, ACE became a Certified B Corporation. As a socially conscious institution, we believe we have a responsibility to our students, alumni, employees, local communities, and society. We strive to make an impact in the world that goes well beyond our bottom line.
Who You Are
You are passionate about helping students achieve their educational goals. You thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment. You are comfortable working remotely and have experience collaborating with others in a virtual environment. You possess a strong attention to detail.
As the Content Coordinator, you are an important contributor to our storytelling and student engagement. You will develop and deliver fresh, engaging content for ACE constituencies, including students, alumni, staff, and faculty. You will work on editorial projects within the marketing team and across other areas of the college, ensuring ACE has a consistent, compelling voice on every platform. You will also perform non-content functions within the department to support projects and special events throughout the year. You are a proven, creative writer and flexible staff member who is comfortable with technology and can manage
his or her time with minimal supervision.
What We Look for in the Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and motivation, concern for students, teamwork, and excellent time management skills.
- Follows established processes as outlined by organization and leadership.
- Completes assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Capable, and adapts as needed, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel.
- Must support and embrace the College’s B Corp mission to improve the people and communities we serve through our civic engagement initiatives.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and a team-player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Builds and maintains student satisfaction.
- Recognizes and anticipates student needs.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary content writer and user of the marketing email system (Click Dimensions) for marketing, enrollment, and other departments. Also edits and keeps current email templates used by ACE teams and departments.
- Consistently creates compelling, well-written, engaging content that is on-brand and reflects the mission and priorities of the College.
- Develops effective marketing material for the various stages of the ACE student journey, from those just finding the College to those who are graduating.
- As directed by the Director of Marketing Operations, creates, and modifies other ACE content assets: ace.edu website, program pages, field collateral, alumni newsletter, internal communications, annual report, news alerts and other items as needed.
- Contributes to planning and strategy meetings with the marketing team and other departments, sharing ideas, best practices and creative solutions.
- Other duties within the marketing department, including managing creative requests and creating copy for print collateral.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in writing/editing/content creation (must provide examples).
- Knowledge and understanding of AP Stylebook.
- Skilled in MS Office software suite.
- Familiarity with Click Dimensions or other email software a plus.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and customer-relations skills.
- Able to adapt to changing deadlines and work in a remote environment.
- Higher education experience preferred but not required.
Our Commitment to Employees
- Medical, dental, & vision Insurance
- HSA and FSA options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement & reduction programs
- Generous PTO
- 401k and employer match
- Full-service wellness and EAP program
- Employee recognition and awards programs
- Employer paid life & AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability
- Employer paid long-term disability
- And more…
At American College of Education, we believe the best learning environment for students and staff is one in which we encounter viewpoints and experiences that are different, yet complementary to ours. This environment is fostered by the presence of persons with diverse backgrounds. While a necessary precondition, diversity is in and of itself, insufficient. To create and maintain a truly inclusive learning community, we must strive to make all feel equally valued. We may celebrate diversity, but we “live” inclusion.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and receive communications from students and ACE employees in real time using online and other electronic media.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities. ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Skan’s vision is to be the foundation for operational intelligence and the fabric of the future of work. If you are interested in working on an AI-powered platform and redefining business process discovery and management, join us in our journey.We're looking for an all-star
Headquarters: URL: https://www.workmotion.com/We are currently looking for a passionate Content Writer who complements our Customer Education Team!Your ResponsibilitiesProduce well-researched content for publicationOrganize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or
Babel Health is a fast-growing enterprise software startup that helps clients navigate the healthcare payer marketplace and the challenges imposed by regulatory agencies. Our groundbreaking data management platform enables our customers to take control of an extraordinarily compl
Job Title: Technical WriterLocation: Washington DCDuration: Long TermResponsibilities:The Technical Writer will write and edit technical documents for users of statistical software, as well as to support a range of software development activities. This will be in a project suppor
COMPANY OVERVIEW:M-Files is making waves in the large and growing market for Intelligent Information Management Solutions. M-Files has achieved tremendous year-over-year growth and is recognized a leader by Gartner and Forrester. M-Files is a global company with 500+ employees, 8