This position is remote and the employee can live and work in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, Iowa, Georgia, or Illinois.
The Programmer II Performs a wide variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established procedures and data
processing specifications. Has full technical knowledge and expertise in all phases of applications programming. Uses a full range of programming tasks, including program design, program coding, debugging, and documentation for the core data processing system, and peripherals, including data manipulation, input, and output routines reflecting a variety of configurations.
Programming Expertise and Skills:
- Responsible for the full life cycle of development including design, build, implementation, testing, and maintenance of simple to highly complex computer programs and subsystems.
- Resolve routine to complex programming problems and determine appropriate solutions.
- Write efficient code that follows credit union-defined standards and naming conventions.
- Maintain and modify code to comply with system changes and new specifications or requirements.
- Debug existing code to ensure minimal downtime and maintain maximum member service.
- Ability to learn, adapt, and become proficient in multiple technologies and best practice development standards to provide comprehensive support.
Accuracy and Quality Control:
- Ensure accuracy, integrity, functionality, and completeness through thorough validation and support of user acceptance testing.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to ensure they will produce the desired output and that the instructions are correct.
- Maintain excellent code commenting and documentation according to department-defined standards.
- Ensure adherence to Software Development Life Cycle, code control, and secure programming best practices.
Comprehension and Communication:
- Effectively communicate with team members from all areas (both technical and non-technical) to clarify program requests, identify problems and suggest changes.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and technical expertise to ensure successful completion of all programming-related requests.
- Compile and document program development and subsequent revisions inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Accomplish assigned projects in a timely manner, keeping appropriate parties informed of critical updates.
- Must show that they can adapt to the rapidly changing programming technologies.
- Must understand how programming works from a low to a high level.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to others who are not in the IT field.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills, positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, decisiveness, and professionalism.
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: BA/BS degree in computer science, programming, or equivalent demonstrated work experience in programming.
Please note - submitting a resume does not guarantee any future action by Avadian Credit Union.
Avadian Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Hoodoo Digital, a unique digital experience, and development agency based in Salt Lake City, UT is seeking a senior Adobe Analytics Architect to join our team. You’ll need to come with a unique combination of analytical, technical, and leadership skills.
Recro is seeking motivated, developers passionate about ServiceNow solutions to support existing and prospective clients.LocationRemoteRequiredUS CitizenshipOverviewBe well versed with the application deployment and configuration baselines, and understanding.
Join World Vision as Senior Marketing Automation Developer01 At a GlanceRole: Senior Marketing Automation DeveloperLevel: Mid to Senior (5 years minimum experience)Must-Have Experience: Bachelor's degree in marketing, data, computer science, or related.
Doxim is the customer communications and engagement technology leader serving financial and regulated industries. Our platform with its suite of integrated, SaaS software and document technology solutions helps clients digitize operations, improve efficiency,.