About the Role
UX Architects at Arcweb are team leaders who understand theory but strive for practical, buildable solutions. They are energized by the challenge of looking at a morass of potential business requirements and user needs, and creating order from that chaos. They realize that figuring out what *not to* design is just as important as what to design.
If you're a product-minded design leader who can take charge from project kickoff to final delivery, you'll thrive in this role.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. The successful candidate will be able to work remotely or out of our Philadelphia office, as desired. Occasional client visits in the Greater Philadelphia Area may be requested.
If you have the desire to lead, come join our team. We have big ideas, and are looking for big thinkers!
- Leading the design on 1-3 software projects simultaneously, from strategy to implementation.
- Running cross-disciplinary, participatory design workshops with client and internal teams.
- Assisting in defining, collecting, prioritizing and grooming product requirements.
- Distilling those requirements into detailed user flows and clickable wireframe prototypes, which you’ll present and iterate on.
- Collaborating with the engineering team and project managers to manage scope, budget and timeline.
- Working with the engineering team to ensure your designs are buildable in an efficient manner
- Have shipped software, whether as a consultant or as part of an internal team. (There is no "years of experience" requirement but we will strongly prefer candidates who have actually shipped software.)
- Can work independently, managing and prioritizing their own workload.
- Communicate crisply, concisely and completely, whether orally, via email/Slack, or in a discovery report.
- Work iteratively, and treat every design decision as a hypothesis ready to be tested and validated or pivoted.
- Believe that great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of department or job title. They’re comfortable with a participatory, cross-disciplinary design process.
- Treat a whiteboard ("real" or digital) as an outboard brain, and would rather sketch out a nebulous idea than discuss it.
- Have a working knowledge of the concepts necessary to build modern web and mobile UIs (HTML/CSS/JS, inheritance, responsive/adaptive design, component reuse, etc.)
- Understand how the designs they propose will transfer to engineering. (Actual coding chops are strictly a nice-to-have, and you will not be asked to write shippable code as a job requirement.)
- Have a portfolio with case studies that communicate the thinking behind your design decisions.
About Arcweb Technologies
Arcweb Technologies is a software design, engineering, and product management consultancy, specializing in mobile and web development. Our vision is to be the premier digital transformation partners for forward-looking companies, by reimagining the status quo and delivering thoughtful solutions to business, technical, and social challenges.
We design and develop comprehensive products and solutions for a variety of enterprises, ranging from startups to Fortune 20 companies. We have deep experience in the healthcare and financial services verticals, and we’re always trying new things and exploring new domains and technologies. Arcwebers are committed to a philosophy that blends agile software development practices with lean startup methodologies and are relentlessly focused on meeting budget, timeline, and scope requirements.
As a certified B-Corporation, we are committed to building products and applications that not only provide value to our customers, but also to the community at large. Our core values of listening to every voice, doing the right thing, and elevating those around you guide our decision-making, policies, and client selection.
Remote & Hybrid Work
With our roots in Philadelphia’s coworking community, Arcweb has been a longstanding cheerleader for hybrid work. Pre-pandemic, our project teams had already mastered the art of balancing time between home and the office, and today we’ve expanded that approach to allow all employees to work from wherever they are most comfortable.
Our office, located in the heart of Old City Philadelphia, is available for team members to enjoy company lunches, standing desks, and team happy hours. Remote team members maintain a connection to their fellow Arcwebers via virtual events, demos, and online collaboration tools.
Our Interview Process
We’re still getting the hang of the best ways to evaluate new colleagues, but know that your time is valuable. As such, we’ve worked out an interview process that is fairly condensed. First, applications that pass a quick qualifications review schedule an Intro Call with our Hiring Manager for this position to make sure your goals and our goals are aligned and get a sense of whether or not Arcweb is a good fit for you.
If you are a good match based on the introductory conversation, we’ll schedule a single half-day round of interviews – conducted over Zoom – where you will meet with members of our cross-functional teams: Engineers, Designers, Project Managers, and leadership.
From there, we’ll make our decision whether or not to make an offer – no homework exercise, no on-the-spot brain teasers, no nonsense.
Benefits of Working at Arcweb
- Team-oriented, collaborative environment encouraging continuous learning and ambition
- Competitive salary, 401k with company safe-harbor contribution, Profit sharing program
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for employee and family, Paid parental leave
- Work location flexibility: work in-office and/or remotely; flexible work schedule
- Macbook Pro provided for business activities
- Professional development opportunities incl. certifications, trainings, conferences, access to learning materials to encourage skill growth
- Gym membership reimbursement, coworking membership, team lunches, and social events
Arcweb’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Arcweb strives to design and build products that are accessible and useful to diverse audiences. To do that well, we need a workforce that’s more representative of the users we serve and the Philadelphia community that we’re proud to be a part of. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
Arcweb offers equitable benefits like paid parental leave, an office-optional policy, and a flexible work schedule. In addition, Arcweb has a dedicated internal DEI Committee that works closely with employees to foster a better workplace for all.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for.
Description: Programmer IIThis position is remote and the employee can live and work in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, Iowa, Georgia, or Illinois.The Programmer II Performs a wide variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established.
UX DesignerPittsburgh, PA (fully remote - EST hours)6 month contract to hireCEI is looking for a UX Designer to join our Fortune 200 financial client's team! In this role, you'll join the Digital Strategy team and work in an Agile environment on several.
HiI am PRADEEP ADHANA, Sr. Technical Recruiter from Zodiac-Solutions. I have got interesting Job opportunities across USA. Below is the Job Description.If you are looking for a job change kindly share your resume.Role: AEM DeveloperLocation: Denver,.
Anypoint COmmunity Manager DeveloperContractOnshore or NearshoreClient Name: will disclose soonResponsibilities-------------------------Translate business requirements into well designing solutions that leverage MulesoftACM and Salesforce experience.